Orange thin fins j11 jointed orange rapalas off boards troll south try to find warm water prob along beach you may want to stay along mud line good luck post if you get em I'm Goin in at south haven hopefully fish are up there too usually fish S J early till may but gas is so much so I am staying up there all year

St Joe hasn't really kicked off yet but best bet is Brads Thin Fin Red Coachdog, Ted 0000 dodger with Christmas Coho candy fly, Bomber Long A all work, I like to run the small dodger and fly about l7' don on rigger, and about 6'back. Long lines with the Thin Fins and bombers, I run small orange killer spoons on 1 color of leadcore, and u can go from there. Stay in front to see if the Coho are in the dirty water, then u can work south in 12 to 20 FOW all way to the power plant. Best Spots are in front of the A frames and just north of that. Be sure to stay outside the buoys at the plant. Hope to get the boat in next week. But Water is still cold and fishing has been spotty. If you want to launch try the St Joe Park and launch on Anchors Court, or u can take a chance on the DNR launch in Benton Harbor.

I'm going to st.joe for the first time this weekend could any one give me a few tips?

Thanks, Neil

We went out yesterday for 4 hours or so of fishing. Got NOTHING! We tried several variations of Thin Fins, my favorite red one too. We also tried peanut flies behind little red dodgers and a blue flasher fly combo as well. Had 8 lines out. We worked the mud line, saw one net come out while we were there, and then trolled south to the junk cars, zig zagging into that 10 foot to 20 foot water. Not a bite.

Be careful with the river, depending on where you launch. The DNR ramp does have the docks in which makes it handy, but stay tight to the boat slips going out. It will make since when you get there. Some are using the St. Joe Launch and one will need to be careful with shallow water there too I understand, but I don't use that one.

Hope you find some. We were quite pathetic yesterday. Didn't mark anything either but did manage to pick up some very bright green, rich looking moss while trolling through the river plume.

Catch a bunch!

Paul C.

Last year any thing i put in the water as long as it was orange or red.

Red brads thin fins

Red reef runners 600

Orange bombers

Orange 000 dodgers and red peanut fliy.

Brads 20' behind a rigger 8 down was best followed

by a orange bomber behind a 82mm deeper diver 20' back on #1setting