Kzoo and St Joe 4-7

EdB

Heard it was kind of slow for the trollers on Saturday plus there was a small craft advisory out so we went to the Kalamazoo River this morning to see if we could hit some steel. Deep inside I knew better than to be going there on a mild weekend day. It was crowded, lot's of traffic and we didn't have a bite by 10:30. We took pier and surf gear and winds we laying down so by 11:15, we were headed for St Joe.

First stop was Weko Beach to see if we could surf fish. It was just too rough there. Then we headed to the pier and finally got set up by 1:30. Hit some fish real quick and had 3 coho's 2 browns and a whitefish in the first 1-1/2 hrs. Then it died from 3Pm to 5PM. We were going to pull rods in 5 minutes when I got a nice coho. Then my buddy hit one. We looked at each other and both said we are staying a bit longer.

Then it lit up, we hit a bunch and landed most of them and had our limit by 6PM with 2 bonus whitefish. We ended up with 7 coho's, 3 browns and the whitefish. One brown and one whitefish were small and kept because they were hooked in the gills, the rest were decent. Got most on steelie skein and a few on bags. I wish I could get out this week but I can't. A lot of coho's showed and were caught up and down the pier. Good luck if you can get out there soon. Here is my catch:

img_20130407_214018.jpg