wire tagged salmon

I received a letter fro the Charlevoix DNR today about the 12 adipose fin clipped, fish heads I turned into them this fall. The fish were all caught within 20 miles of Escanaba harbor. ( Little Bay De Noc, MI ) The results suprised me.

ONE FISH FROM

anhapee kewanee 2011 (algoma wi)

strawberry creek 2011 (sturgeon bay wi)

various sites lake mi 2011

little calumet river 2011 (indiana)

jackson harbor chicago 2011 (cook illinois)

TWO FISH FROM

root river and milwaukee river 2010 (wi)

kids creek silver lake rd 2010 (traverse city mi)

THREE FISH FROM

little manistee R 9 mile bridge (manistee mi)

and for my trouble they sent me 8 lures.

thanks

Been getting mine too but no long distance fish for me this year. Everything was planted near to where I caught it. One year a while ago, I got an Ausable plant off St Joe.

Most of my experience with fish I turned in have been 60% close to plant site and capture site 30% long distances from planing site. The last 10% were unrecoverable and yes the free lures are always nice. The best kind are the lake trout with the catch and release survival rate study with the phone number on the tag where you can call in and get the ten bucks. I hear some walleye are out there with the radio tag have up to $100 reward but haven't landed any yet to verify.

• 2 months later...

I can verify a $100 transmitter/tag for walleye. Received the money, however I never did receive any information, which I was extremely interested in. But, $100 in the gas tank was nice

I received a letter fro the Charlevoix DNR today about the 12 adipose fin clipped, fish heads I turned into them this fall. The fish were all caught within 20 miles of Escanaba harbor. ( Little Bay De Noc, MI ) The results suprised me.

ONE FISH FROM

anhapee kewanee 2011 (algoma wi)

strawberry creek 2011 (sturgeon bay wi)

various sites lake mi 2011

little calumet river 2011 (indiana)

jackson harbor chicago 2011 (cook illinois)

TWO FISH FROM

root river and milwaukee river 2010 (wi)

kids creek silver lake rd 2010 (traverse city mi)

THREE FISH FROM

little manistee R 9 mile bridge (manistee mi)

and for my trouble they sent me 8 lures.

thanks

Based on the dates you have provided all these chinooks would be considered "immature" correct? If so I agree with your results.

i would like to see some results of mature chinooks and where they would be. growing tired of hearing that salmon arent managed for any shore opportunities when we all pay the same for the annual fishing license regardless of owning a boat or not.

i would like to see some results of mature chinooks and where they would be. growing tired of hearing that salmon arent managed for any shore opportunities when we all pay the same for the annual fishing license regardless of owning a boat or not.

Really not sure what you mean on how anyone would "manage" salmon to stay close to shore. The last time I checked they roam and eat in deep water moving closer to shore as the season progresses. Then they are on shore and up river to spawn giving "shore opportunities". What is your suggestion for "managing" salmon to change their offshore behavior? If I could place an order with my license purchase; I would go for a cheap spoon on a downrigger 50 down in 100 FOW 75 back. All 20 pounders.

What species can you not catch from shore?