2013 Rules and Dates

The 3+1 Holland Tournament Series is an amateur big lake fishing league with 5 events spread throughout the summer.

General Information

2013 Thursday 3+1 Big Lake Tournament

$100 / boat entry fee, covers 5 events.

Scoring:

Weekly cash prizes will be based on a point system. 3 salmon and 1 trout can be weighed. 10 points / fish + one point / pound. Ex. Three 12lb. salmon and one 10lb Steelhead would be 86 points. Year-end purse winner determined by total points accumulated over all events.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, largest fish paid each event

Year end total points leader payout.

Dates: Weight in Location: Time:

May 16th Holland (DNR Fish cleaning station) 6:00pm-10:15pm

June 13th Holland (DNR Fish cleaning station) 6:00pm-10:15pm

July 18th Holland (DNR Fish cleaning station) 6:00pm-10:15pm

Aug 8th Holland (DNR Fish cleaning station) 6:00pm-10:15pm

Aug 22nd Holland (DNR Fish cleaning station) 6:00pm-10:15pm

Rules:

1. Up to 9 rods may be fished at once per boat.

2. The number of people in your boat is not limited.

3. All DNR regulations apply. Feel free to catch your full limit but you can only weight your top three salmon and one trout species

4. Heaviest fish out of your weighed fish breaks all ties.

5. Notice will be given by 4:00pm the day of, if fishing is cancelled. Dates will only be cancelled due to weather/waves (wave cutoff will be for a forecast of 1-3 feet and expected to build). If you miss a date your money will not be refunded. Substitutions are OK if you are unable to make a date. Please have substitutes notify Tournament Control before take off.

6. If unexpected weather waves move in and a event that is already underway must be called off that event will only count if called after 8pm. If called before 8pm rule 7 will apply to that event.

7. If a date is cancelled due to the weather/waves the pot will be added to the next fish date. If this final date is cancelled it will be made up the following week

8. Take off will be from within 100 yards of the north break wall over the radio on channel 72. If you are late go ahead and fish.

9. You must check in at the weigh in site (DNR Fish cleaning Station) by 10:15pm. Tournament Control has the official time. Check it before leaving. It is each boats responsibility to be checked in at the tournament table by the cleaning station by 10:15pm with Tournament Control. Those failing to do so for any reason will be disqualified for that event, No excuses.

10. This is an AMATEUR ONLY EVENT. This means NO charter captains, and NO charter boats past or present, and no one who has been a first mate in the last 5 years, are to participate. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification for the rest of the season.

11. All tournament participants are encouraged to notify tournament control of possible violation of ANY rule for review by tournament board members.

Please Email me with questions or to signup at [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Will this 3+1 event be on this year? I'm interested as I can't fish Saturdays normally but likely can Thursday evenings. My schedule will be changing soon and I want to try to keep this spot open if this is on and I can find a crew.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Will this 3+1 event be on this year? I'm interested as I can't fish Saturdays normally but likely can Thursday evenings. My schedule will be changing soon and I want to try to keep this spot open if this is on and I can find a crew.

Thanks

We are doing the tournament, contact Fins-N-Grins for info.