Brown Blast 2006

Adjusted3

Hey everyone.

We are about 3 weeks away from the Brown Blast. This is out of St. Joe Mi on April 1st.

Same rules as from prior years with a few tweaks......

Start anytime but no earlier then 5:30am.

Stop time is 1 pm. (change from prior years)

Weigh in is at the lodge. Most of you know where it is. If you don't, I can have Steve post up a map or just follow someone to the Lodge.

We would like to start weigh in at 2-2:30. Just 2-way or call if your running a bit late.

Weigh in you best 1 man DNR 5 fish.

5 point bonus on each and any Browns in the catch.

$25 entry, $5 of it goes to the SMALL fish and that fish does not have to be part of your 5 (change from last year) 20 boats and your dink could be worth $100.00!!

100% payout - 3 places and big fish. Same % as last year.

No cull- this is a bit different then Caz's league. Our no cull is that if you hook it, It goes into your possision limit. no boatside releases. You cannot release a fish unless it is ileagle, (laker), you are filled on that species or it is undersized.

9 rods

maximum of a 3 DNR limit.

no maximum of the number of anglers on your boat.

Lets get the crews listed and the ones looking for a ride!

Running Arends

Adjusted3

The Fishdog

Sixshooter

Next, would you guys like to do a pot luck or a BBQ or a fish boil?

Steve & I will take care of the BBQ 100%. Pot luck and the fish boil involves all of you. You folks pick!

Mark & Steve

Here is who we have so far-

Danger Dan

Reel Turner

Fist full of Dollars

Running Arends Crew- He-Chris, GreatLakesfisherman

Adjusted3 Crew- Live2fishdjs, Creek Chubb

The Fishdog

Sixshooter

Catfishhoge

DonP Crew-Spanky, Donnie

Sidfishious

Salmonslayer Crew- Asian Archer

Leprechaun (the other BEN)

Horseshoe

Fishon

Caznik Crew-Karl Dykema

Stienfishski Crew-Fishinfox

Midway Crew- RatCityHooker, Huntingfool43

Looking for a ride

Tauzigg

Tgils

Tracker1

Please list up your crew members so that we can assist with those looking for a ride and it will give us an idea as to how many for the BBQ.

We are getting close. As we get closer to the 1st, we will start to put up weather reports. IF the event is called, we will do it by 8 PM Friday before the event. Those that have Steve’s cell/2-way or mine are welcome to call us that eve.

Let’s get those boats ready!!

Mark & Steve

Do Not forget Friends that the Brown Blast is April 1st...So that means that your 2005 Fishing Licsnences have expired.

Just a friendly reminder to get your new 2006 fishing liscnece ahead of time. And if you plan to fish around the cook plant make sure your boat is up to coast guard specs....Right Larry....

Do Not forget Friends that the Brown Blast is April 1st...So that means that your 2005 Fishing Licsnences have expired.

Thanks for the reminder Jim. I had forgotten all about that. Sheesh....

Rumor has it that no one is catching any fish out of St. Joe so no need to bring any gear because you’ll just be washing baits.;)

See you all on Friday or Saturday and if the weather hold out we should be weighing a few fish.:D

Now where are those spring kings?:)

Steve

Start anytime but no earlier then 5:30am.

Stop time is 1 pm. (change from prior years)

Weigh in is at the lodge. Most of you know where it is. If you don't, I can have Steve post up a map or just follow someone to the Lodge.

We would like to start weigh in at 2-2:30. Just 2-way or call if your running a bit late.

Is this the time everyone should be at the lodge by?

I am coming down to fish on sat. but im going to pass on the tournament. You all know what my boat looks like and it says spoon fed on the back so if we cross paths i would like to meet or say hi. give me a buz on the radio, channel 21 see you guys at the A frames!! I will be putting in at benton harbor launch ( across from tackle haven at about 6:30 ) so see you on sat!!!!!!!!

Everyone should be at the "LODGE" around 2:00-2:30ish

I was wondering if everyone was suppose to meet there before the tourney. It was clarified to me in the chat room last night on how it works.

I am bringing 8 copies of "Keating on Kings" to the tourney. These are the books I am selling on the site. The price is $24.95 per book. If anyone would like a copy of the book, hit me up at the weigh in.

Mike, you do not need to be at the lodge before.

We do have an issue that needs addressed.

Steve and I have been looking at the weather for this upcoming Sat. It's not going to be very pretty. 10-20 out of the north with showers in the am. 3-5 for the seas. We just realized our blow date is Easter weekend.

We are considering 2 items. NO DECISION has been made as of yet.

If we cannot hold this event on Sat, Sunday the 2nd is looking very good weather-wise. 7-9 mph out of the ESE and off shore seas at 1-2 and sunny.

Are you and your crew availible to make the change over to Sunday if need be? Do you want to just change this thing to this Sunday or do you want to shoot for Sat and if it blows, go to the 15th?

Please call anyone that is in this and get their opinions. Tomorrow eve, we will make the call based on everyones response. I know doing so we may pick up a boat or 2 and loose a boat or 2. If we change to the 15th, the same is going to happen. I am just trying to hedge our options knowing that Sunday will be a fishable day and this Sat is starting to go into the toilet. This is everyones league.......

Please post up your opinions ASAP if you are in this event as to what you would like to see.

Mark

Well here's the forecast for Saturday. Mark and I are in the work of making the final call. We should have it posted in an hour or so.

ST JOSEPH TO SOUTH HAVEN-SOUTH HAVEN TO HOLLAND-

HOLLAND TO GRAND HAVEN-GRAND HAVEN TO WHITEHALL-

WHITEHALL TO PENTWATER-PENTWATER TO MANISTEE-

330 PM EST THU MAR 30 2006

TONIGHT

SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND

THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING...THEN SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY

AFTER MIDNIGHT. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET BUILDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET LATE IN

THE NIGHT.

FRIDAY

SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS

LIKELY. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET. A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MAY BE NEEDED.

FRIDAY NIGHT

WEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A

CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET.

SATURDAY

NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS DECREASING TO 5 TO

15 KNOTS LATE IN THE AFTERNOON. MOSTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET

SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET LATE IN THE AFTERNOON.

Steve

As much as we hate to do this, we need to change to Sunday. Saturday is going to be unsafe. Looks like most of you can fish Sunday but after several calls today, times are an issue. Sunday is calling for east winds and 2-4 but with east winds the inshore will be calm.

So, here is the final—

It will be Sunday. We are making a few time changes with the switch to Day-light savings and to assist those that have a bit of a drive.

We can start anytime after 5am and the stop time will be 11:30 am.

Weigh in at the lodge at 12:30 to 1:00 pm, lunch will be served around 1:30. No hard feelings if anyone has to scoot right after the weigh-in.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please call my cell or 2-way Steve or myself.

Mark & Steve

We looked at the time change the wrong way.

If no one has any problems with the times I would like to move it back to no earlier then 5:30am and pull lines at 12:30pm weigh-in at the "Logde" around 1:30-2:00 and like Jim said if it goes anything like this week has most may be back early.

Steve Arend.

Things have changed once again for me. I will not be able to fish, but I may be at weigh in for a very short time. So...if you are wanting the book, look me up at weigh in.