Sign in to follow this  
Salmon Assassin

First Year

This my first year hunting. I am going to be on some private land with a buddy,with an experienced caller. I have the few questions.

1. Iron sights or red dot? I have a Mossberg 935

2. Will the mossberg accu choke xtra full be good enough or should I get something else.

3. Ammo. Any brands to avoid or to get. 3 or 3 1/2" shells

got my camo, got my permit, May 1st - May 7th something is going to die.

Iron sights will work, red dot is nicer:grin:

3" should be sufficient

the most important thing to do is pattern test to see where the pattern is going.:thumb:

Iron sights will work, red dot is nicer:grin:

3" should be sufficient

the most important thing to do is pattern test to see where the pattern is going.:thumb:

This.

Instead of buying a red dot put the money into some different loads to see what your gun likes. If you feel like beating yourself up with the 3 1/2s, go for it. Otherwise the 3s will do the job just fine.

I know from duck hunting the gun loves federal, specifically black cloud #2. I am going to start with federals for turkeys and work from there. Thanks.

I may go with the red dot, figure I can toss that on a different gun in the off season.

I know from duck hunting the gun loves federal, specifically black cloud #2. I am going to start with federals for turkeys and work from there. Thanks.

I may go with the red dot, figure I can toss that on a different gun in the off season.

If you go the red dot route, I would recommend spending a little bit of money. A 3 1/2" gun will wreck some cheap red dots in just a couple shots.

I shoot Feds for just about everything. That gun should throw a great pattern at 50 yards with a little load work.