Can't Fish! SO

Spring sure is taking it's time to get here Grant. It didn't help getting the snow this weekend. Extended forecast not looking much better so we will be off to the Grand Rapids show on Saturday probably buying things for fishing instead of hitting the water and actually fishing. :)

Last year at this time it was 79 degrees and I had 6 trips in already @ New Buffalo. Ed's "play by play" today has me planning a St.Joe river trip for next Saturday.

Dave

I hear ya I had 1 trip in a year a go yesterday, I look outside and shake my head:eek:, they go out to the shed and look at the boat and cry:no:.

Aint all bad guys...the fruit farmers up my way are hoping for a late spring....they took a beating last year with their fruit trees and early budding then frost . Usually in the past we had some pretty good off shore steelhead /scumline fishing with some great temp breaks when the big lake warmed up in June. Mild winters and the breaks were not very defined way offshore and it seemed like those surface feeding fish were really scattered.

My spring time brown trout fishing was always better after a normal cold winter then a good spring warmup...can't say that now with demise of brown trout in northern lake Michigan or least from Manistee north that is.

Aint all bad guys...the fruit farmers up my way are hoping for a late spring....they took a beating last year with their fruit trees and early budding then frost . Usually in the past we had some pretty good off shore steelhead /scumline fishing with some great temp breaks when the big lake warmed up in June. Mild winters and the breaks were not very defined way offshore and it seemed like those surface feeding fish were really scattered.

My spring time brown trout fishing was always better after a normal cold winter then a good spring warmup...can't say that now with demise of brown trout in northern lake Michigan or least from Manistee north that is.

Right on. Last Winter and Spring was far from the norm. We are still in March and it's still Winter. We can't do anything about the weather except wait it out. When the old man says "It's time Grasshopper" then we go. :) For the good of everyone I hope we never see another March like 2012. :)

2012 was really unusual... never really had "winter". Most years there is still a real good chance for a few inches of snow up to a week or so after the official first day of spring on the calendar (March 20). That's still a couple days out. I'm hoping for a significant improvement by the end of the month.

When I had the condo and slip in St. Joe I was always the first boat in the water at Eagle Pointe and tax day was always my target, with the week prior for getting the boat cleaned up from its winter nap.