Smart Troll Pricing

ekbelt

Some of the best fisherman I know don't even use a probe. If you learn how to fish without one, you can do just as good as anyone with one. Speed and temp are important, but a proper spread is just as, or even more important. Thinking a fish will only hit at one depth, and one speed is ridiculous. I have watched fish rise 40-50' to come up to our riggers on the graph.

The best investment you can make in this sport is trustworthy contacts. Get to know your fellow anglers, and share info.

Some of the best fisherman I know don't even use a probe. If you learn how to fish without one, you can do just as good as anyone with one. Speed and temp are important, but a proper spread is just as, or even more important. Thinking a fish will only hit at one depth, and one speed is ridiculous. I have watched fish rise 40-50' to come up to our riggers on the graph.

The best investment you can make in this sport is trustworthy contacts. Get to know your fellow anglers, and share info.

You're correct with that statement. I think we tend to rely too much on the technology and become less aware of what the lines in the water are telling us. I used to gauge speed by bubbles off the rigger cables. Can't say I've paid much attention to that in the last few years. Sometimes more is less...if that makes any sense.

I totally agree with Nailer, If you were a charter captain, and catching fish is you full time job, than the Smart Troll would be a tool and a right off, as far as a sportsman this whole sport of fishing is getting out of hand, these people are brain washing the sportsman into thinking you just have to get the newest, fastest, best of everything, and it's taking a toll on our wallets, buy not letting us just enjoy the day without worrying about where the next dollar is comming from for the next tank of fuel. Lets all take a deep breath, and think what did we do 20 years ago, we all caught fish and had a GOOD TIME!! Lets get back to the basics and enjoy the time we have with our friends and family, I don't know about all the tricks to the trade, and I don't have the need to be reeling in a fish every 10 minutes, when I'm out on the water with friends and family I'm on cloud 9, no phone ringing,nobody getting under my skin just having FUN!! Lets keep it that way.:lol:

I totally agree with Nailer, If you were a charter captain, and catching fish is you full time job, than the Smart Troll would be a tool and a right off, as far as a sportsman this whole sport of fishing is getting out of hand, these people are brain washing the sportsman into thinking you just have to get the newest, fastest, best of everything, and it's taking a toll on our wallets, buy not letting us just enjoy the day without worrying about where the next dollar is comming from for the next tank of fuel. Lets all take a deep breath, and think what did we do 20 years ago, we all caught fish and had a GOOD TIME!! Lets get back to the basics and enjoy the time we have with our friends and family, I don't know about all the tricks to the trade, and I don't have the need to be reeling in a fish every 10 minutes, when I'm out on the water with friends and family I'm on cloud 9, no phone ringing,nobody getting under my skin just having FUN!! Lets keep it that way.:lol:

True that technology and information overload has taken us to the edge...but...most guys have a significant investment in their fishing operations, both time and $$. If guys set a goal of fishing 20 times a year, in reality they will only get out 12 times due to weather or other issues. Now, they have put themselves under tremendous pressure to go out and bang as many fish as possible, and rightly so. They (rec fishermen) were the ones who pushed for a 5 fish limit...and got it. So, if technology or advanced gear or equipment can get that guy closer to banging his limit every time, then he has found his return on investment. If only little investment, then little return. Personally I think too many anglers spend too much time going to seminars and spending $$ trying to duplicate ridiculously complex programs when they should be spending time figuring out the basics like trolling angle and speed. I see some kind of investment on speed/temp information as being hugely critical and worthy of that investment. Guarantee if you have that information and actually know how to interpret it...increase in catch rate of 50% easy. We have that technology and understand what it tells us far beyond just the numbers. Now knowing what is happening just by watching rods has got us to the point of relying on it less and less..but we still had to learn it.

Love the 007 concept, but miss the old school days of flat lines and riggers with a dipsy out.

For that kind of money and with the technological capabilities, the smart troll devices should have a small co2 cartridge with remote 'detonation' that will fill a life jacket and make the probe and attached paddle n fly n dipsy, come to the surface with epirb lojac. Patent pending...