What's everyone working on?

Well Shannon's thread about his new boat got me wondering what everyone else is working on this winter. Anyone else got any big projects going? I know a few guys have purchased new boats and I like looking so post pictures if you have them.

For me,

Have to install my new HDS 7 Gen 2 Combo unit that I picked up from the Outdoorsman this weekend. (Special thanks to Aaron aka Line Dancin for his input)

Going to replace the steering cable and see how much it helps my steering/autopilot issues.

Going to mount some track and rod holders toward the front of the boat for storage.

Need to get cup holders mounted so I stop having to clean beverages off the boat every trip.

Try to find a better rod storage solution for in the cuddy.

General organization projects to make fishing less hassle.

Remolding one house on Torch Lake, and another on Lake Charlevoix leaves little time to work on the boat. I need to get the shift cable fixed so it stops stalling when coming out of geer.

It has been very hard working on Torch Lake and looking at open water and not being able to get out on it.

I have been working dilligently on the following:

Being a father and an avid angler, I have been working on finding a solution to being 3 places at one time...

I need to be at the office, I need to be at home for the kids, and I need to be on the water as often as possible. Along with this magic trick I have also been working on how to grow a money tree. I'll keep y'all posted :grin:

I replaced the last of the baby blue "79" vinyl inside, added 6 more holders to the rocket launcher, need to buy and install a stereo,move my forward hatch to seal of better,and clean,clean,clean, and organize all the gear.Also hopeing to get a lift to put at the dock this week, then figure out how to put it there.

No big projects planned for this year... already organized tackle, made up some custom lures/flys and have to replace a trolling bag that was lost at the end of the season.

Ready to roll once the ice clears. Realistically I think it won't be until April. Really want to head out deep right away but I'd rather not be the only boat out there that early in the year. I'm turning more wimpy the older I get.

I'm working on scrounging up some money to pay for a new hds 7 and either fishhawk or smart troll. Other than that, I hope to god it all works again! btw, anyone looking for a mariner 8 horse kicker?

I am going to dispose of a bunch of spoons and flies and add a few back to get down to 1-2 brands and a few basic colors and then learn how to run them. I'm trying to simplify things since I have gotten out less the last few years. I added a couple new reels and might add one or two more. Want to add another copper rod. I am going to add the new Fish hawk X-4D but right now I'm contemplating the new Garmin 740s since it's on sale in March and there is a big rebate for the chart chip. Other than that I need to wheel out the small oxidation spots I have, do a thorough cleaning and do some organizing. Oh, and I will be doing most of it one-handed since I am having shoulder surgery on friday.

Workin on walkin for now but hoping to get going and have a new (old) boat ready to fish by mid April or so. Old, old boat is ready but kicker still needs the oil changed in the motor. I don't dare tell what I just did (you know), too many might think I'm nuts and they're probably right!

I am going to dispose of a bunch of spoons and flies and add a few back to get down to 1-2 brands and a few basic colors and then learn how to run them. I'm trying to simplify things since I have gotten out less the last few years. I added a couple new reels and might add one or two more. Want to add another copper rod. I am going to add the new Fish hawk X-4D but right now I'm contemplating the new Garmin 740s since it's on sale in March and there is a big rebate for the chart chip. Other than that I need to wheel out the small oxidation spots I have, do a thorough cleaning and do some organizing. Oh, and I will be doing most of it one-handed since I am having shoulder surgery on friday.

Nick, Good luck on the shoulder surgery. I can relate to that. I hope yours turns out as well as mine has.

Nick, Good luck on the shoulder surgery. I can relate to that. I hope yours turns out as well as mine has.

Good luck as well, been there twice, both turned out well but I have since ripped one up AGAIN.....grrr. the million dollar question is when to have the surgery......definitely not now, I missed one spring/early summer season.:eek:

No big projects planned for this year... already organized tackle, made up some custom lures/flys and have to replace a trolling bag that was lost at the end of the season.

Ready to roll once the ice clears. Realistically I think it won't be until April. Really want to head out deep right away but I'd rather not be the only boat out there that early in the year. I'm turning more wimpy the older I get.

It's not getting wimpy as it was explained to me "with age comes wisdom" better to play it safe to still be around to play.

I'm making some upgrades on some rod holders and dipsy rods. Mounted my go pro deck cam to practice when the season starts. Also had our dock lowered this week so that will help from the low water levels. Gonna dredge our slip in 2 weeks. I really tweaked my daily fishing log spreadsheet to show not only this season's data, but cumulative data that I collected over the past 2 years. The results are blowing my mind. Other than that, tied a few meat rigs, made a few ingenious modifications that will make life easier on the boat, and buy some more stuff at the Grand Rapids Show!!!!