urgent!!!!!

:rtfm:JUST A HEADS UP TO ALL DUCK HUNTERS THAT HUNT LAKE MACATAWA IN HOLLAND PARK, TOWNSHIP IS HOLDING A PUBLIC MEETING ON MARCH 6 AT 6:30 TO DISCUSS CLOSING LAKE MAC TO DUCK HUNTING !! SO IF YOU WANT TO ADD YOUR IMPUTE PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING ITS AT THE TOWNSHIP HALL.

ive heard a sail boater started the petition,he was afraid to sail in octobor cus of the hunters , but i know lots of home owners complain about the noise from shooting on the lake. i live by one of the bays myself and it can be loud ,but it doesnt bother me any,i would be there doin it but i dont want to deal with the hunter harassment.

I went to the township meeting with a group that hunts Lake Mac. There was good hunter participation and a lot of camo in the room. A retired DNR officer spoke against the proposal citing that in his 20 some years of monitoring the lake he had only given one citation. That was for a loaded firearm in a boat. Also mentioned was that there have been no hunting related accidents on the lake and many spoke as to the very limited time that hunting actually occurs.

The aforementioned sailboater spoke. He voiced his fear of being shot by duck hunters on Chip point while sailing down the channel connecting Big Bay to the main lake. Others also had saftey concerns. Others simply voiced anti-hunting sentiment.

Your opinions can be submitted via the following link:

http://www.parktownship.org/2013/02/27/dnr-public-hearing-lake-macatawa-hunting/