spoon tackle boxes,..special mate?

Hard to go wrong with the Special Mates. I have one of the stickbait boxes that holds most of my bombers, raps, thundersticks and have almost 400 spoons in my spoon box (I run single siwash hooks and hang them on both sides). Though some may complain that they are a bit bulky I find then extremely useful and can hold a lot in an organized manner. They also allow the lures to dry while hanging unlike the boxes for my soft tackle bags that keep the moisture in. Overall a great box.

I have four of the Special Mates... yes, I do have too much tackle :). Two of the small ones for the smaller regular and ProKing size spoons and two of the bigger/taller ones for the mag and super mags. They take up room, but it nice to be able to see the spoon colors/patterns. By having them hang they don't get beat up rubbing against each other like they do in the Plano type boxes plus they drip dry and don't rust either.

I sold both of mine they were always in the way and my boat had no spot they would store in. Now I use about 20 of the clear divider boxes and all spoons are broken down into fishing programs. So we just grab the box or boxes that match the conditions we are fishing and they are also broken down by color and brand. Most days we will start with a glow program then depending on conditions swap over to a UV or color pattern that matches what we want. they best part is they all store neatly away and we are no longer tripping over the big boxes.

I'm like Jim...we use plano clear boxes that are program specific..however, I see some valid points here about water in the boxes. Never had a problem with rusting - YET. I like the smaller boxes because we can grab just waht we want and not trip over a big box...just personal preference really.

I use one. I usually set up all my rods the night before fishing and then I have a spoon rack with suction cups on the side window that holds my backup program. I keep the Special Mate in the cuddy and get it out if I need another spoon. Not complaints here.