Help out the family of a GLF member!

Paulywood

My niece Madeline Thelen was recently diagnosed with leukemia. Treatment has not gone as well as the doctors hoped and she will now need a bone marrow transplant. This means that my brother's family will have to move to Ann Arbor for a few months while she receives treatment. My brother and sister-in-law have already missed a lot of work and may have to stop working completely while they are in Ann Arbor. We are holding a benefit dinner and auction on February 3rd in Westphalia to raise money to help them out. There will ba a euchre tournament starting at 1:00pm, a silent auction running from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm, and a live auction starting at 7:30 pm. There are raffle tickets available with cash prizes given away as well as hourly 50/50 raffle drawings. Some of the items that have been donated include a free charter trip with Ed Stell out of Ludington and a whole beef. There will also be a gravy burger dinner served starting at 4:00 pm. All of the money raised will be used to offset the medical bills that are starting to accumulate. If you have any questions or would like to sign up for the euchre tournament or donate an item for the auction please contact me via email: [email protected]

If you would like to keep updated about my niece Maddie's condition please feel free to check her website:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/madelinethelen

Thoughts and prayers are also greatly appreciated. Thank You.

I would be glad to buy raffel tickets however I too am supporting additional kids with clothing and school supplies. My wifes brother is fighting a gleo glasto carcinoma in the base of his brain. He is on his third surgery and on his last round of kemo. This has made our finances tight therefore I will have to decline, However I will Pray for this situation as I do everyday for mark. Recent prognosis is stated as poor.

I guess I should have included my address from the start. I appreciate the support. Since I posted this last night I have already received numerous replies from people wanting to help out. Here is my address:

Nick Thelen

1159 E. Jackson Rd.

St. Louis. Mi 48880

(517)-795-7185

Silver One, I think that it is great you are helping out your brothers family and you will be included in our prayers. If you ever need to get out this year I will be fishing mainly out of Muskegon and you are welcome aboard anytime.

Thank you again everyone for your generosity.

hey nick/mike,

what do you guys think of doing some sort of online auction? i do not have a lot of money but i have a ton of trolling flies i can donate to some sort of auction. i will send as much money asi can afford as soon as i set my budget for Jan. i may also be able to work out a waterfowl hunt for the 07 season here in Indiana.

After I posted tonight I found out some very good news. Maddie is in remission! This makes the chance of a succesful bone marrow transplant much more likely. It also means that she should be able to attend some family Christmas parties. We are very excited. Feel free to check on her progress on her website. I am overwhelmed at the generosity that people have shown with their offers. Thank you again.

Nick

Some people have contacted me about sending money. What I have suggested is buying some raffle tickets. We will be giving away prizes of $750, $500, and $300. The tickets cost $2 each or 3 for $5. If anyone is interested I will be happy to mail them. Also, there may have been some confusion surrounding my post about the charter trip donated by Ed Stell. Ed actually sold his boat this fall to Glenn Buehner, the captain of the Raptor. Ed will still be running his boat part time, he offered to run the trip that was donated. But Glenn actually owns Ed' boat now and is the one donating the trip. Sorry for any confusion.

Steve,

The drawing is going to be at the benefit on February 3rd. You do not have to be present to win. As long as I receive the money before then I will make sure you are entered. Also, if people want to make cash donations there is an account set up at the Portland Federal Credit Union. I am not sure how to make a deposit other than in person but someone there would probably be able to help you. I will look into it further.

Thanks again,

Nick

Just wanted to post an update and bump this back to the top. We have received a ton of great donations. They include: multiple salmon fishing trips, a 2 day walleye fishing trip on Saginaw Bay, a compound bow, and the chance to star in your own hunting/fishing show. I am not sure on the details but the owner of an archery shop in Dewitt also has an outdoor show. He is donating the bow. He is also donating the chance to be in an episode of his show. You can either go hunting or fishing, your choice. I will have more details after our meeting on thursday. Thanks again to everyone who offered to help out. If anyone can make the benefit on February 3rd your first drink is on me!

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to post an update and bump this back to the top. We have received a ton of great donations. They include: multiple salmon fishing trips, a 2 day walleye fishing trip on Saginaw Bay, a compound bow, and the chance to star in your own hunting/fishing show. I am not sure on the details but the owner of an archery shop in Dewitt also has an outdoor show. He is donating the bow. He is also donating the chance to be in an episode of his show. You can either go hunting or fishing, your choice. I will have more details after our meeting on thursday. Thanks again to everyone who offered to help out. If anyone can make the benefit on February 3rd your first drink is on me!

Nick

Hey Nick,

I sent you 20, so bring my drink to me at the first tourney we have. :grin: