Okuma Cold Water Reels

I have purchased a few of the 30 series size. I like the way they feel in my hand, they look pretty too! They need some on the water time to see how they really perform. Supply with this product seems to be a problem at this time, lots of advertised prices on the web, but are "out of stock" upon checkout. How ever, I did receive my Cabelas great outdoors days advertisement and noticed that they will have the coldwater series on sale for $79.99 each starting this Saturday. That is a great price for what I have found for prices around.

I just bought 2 of them, both are the 453D size. I got mine to replace my Magda reels on my dipsy rods. I love the feel of them, solid and well built. The line counter has an anti fog coating on the glass/plastic. I have not had any fising time with them, but if my past experiacnes with Okumas are anything, then these will be great reels. I have 16 Convectors and 4 Magda reels that are in use on my boat. I also have seen a wide range of prices on these reels, so check around. Mine were prchased from FishUSA and were on sale for 94.99 each, no tax and shipping was 6.97...

Stopped by Cabelas today to take a look at Cold Water Reels. Honestly, I was not impressed. The drag took a few turns before it was actually engaged. Then it went too tight in less than a half a turn. The clicker was weak and worse than the old Depthmaster 2 they had on display.

Compared to the Convector, this didn't seem like an upgrade. Maybe it was just the reel I had and not a overall for the series. Just my opinion, thought someone else might want to know.