Frozen Toad Yellow

Nailer

I spent some time yesterday with my boat. As I was checking her out, I came across this Big Lake Lure that Larry had given back at our West Michigan League event. I ran this lure most of the summer on the 300' 45# Blood Run Copper set up. This was one of the hottest lures we had last year for deep fish.

It took a beating, so I just ordered 3 more.

1d2n0574.jpg

Ken

Just got your order packaged and it will be sent out in the next day or so with others.

Side note how many fish do you think you landed with this spoon? It had to be a lot. You worked it though the coating into the paint.It may not be pretty but it still is putting fish in the box I like it :)

Ken

Just got your order packaged and it will be sent out in the next day or so with others.

Side note how many fish do you think you landed with this spoon? It had to be a lot. You worked it though the coating into the paint.It may not be pretty but it still is putting fish in the box I like it :)

I don't know, but it was a bunch. All the damage came from fish. It was only run on the 300 45#, so it was catching big deep fish. It did loose some of it's catching ability towards the end, but that may have just been the late summer fish moving away from spoons.

I have to admit, i tried BLL on daves advice and within 2 trips i put several in my starting spreads.

Im startin to get that itch that only salmon can scratch. I need to load on on new gear :grin:

Patriot, blue/green frozen toad, and UV green dolphin especially

Joe

Glad you are happy with what you are using , Dave would be the one to ask about BLL he has helped out a lot with spoon colors in the past few years and he really knows what is working at what time. And he may have a few prototypes from time to time on board to try out.

The beat up one will continue working and will outshine the new ones. :) Any one ever witness this phenomenon??[/quote

I have seen that Frank, we have been using "pink panties" up in the Grand Traverse Bay area for the past few years and it's really been getting beat up bad. Last fall I tried buying a couple new ones and the old dirty panties out fished the new ones hands down! Really a weird phenomenon...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a blueberry muffin ss that has been beat to h*** and back but continues to slam big fish, a couple years ago won 3 different big fish pots on the same spoon run on 7 color.

Also a big fan of bll toad designs, we run them deep and outperform others, if you haven't tried them you should.

I spent some time yesterday with my boat. As I was checking her out, I came across this Big Lake Lure that Larry had given back at our West Michigan League event. I ran this lure most of the summer on the 300' 45# Blood Run Copper set up. This was one of the hottest lures we had last year for deep fish.

It took a beating, so I just ordered 3 more.

1d2n0574.jpg

Who makes that spoon I can't seem to find it any place?