Hello fellow fishermen!!

Hello fellow fishermen, I have been fishing lake Onterio since the mis 80s and have seen a drastic change in the way we fish, with that being said it's hard to break old habits, I was told about this site from a former member, and he said that you guys aren't afraid to share info. I saw a picture of a complete setup on here and that was enough for me to say (HEY) maybe this is the site for me! I bought a new to me 22ft cuddy, I always had 18ft boats but you have to pick and choose your days on LakeO' maybe I'll be able to fish on days were there are 2/3ft waves, that seems to be the norm. for me. I am able to catch a few salmon & browns but nothing like what you hear and see other people talk about, my ywin girls who are turning 8 on the 18th of FEB. are very interested in fishing also, I taught them how to cast and reel the fish in at age 5 and had them out on lake O' with my smaller boats and they had a blast, so this year I would like to become a better fisherman myself so they dont get discouraged, They are great kids and want to keep them interested in the outdoors, soon it will be (NOT COOL) to be with dad!:thumb:

This is a great site PAP. Not a former member still a member here too. gald you came over here. The walleye board is a good board too but doesnt seem to have very many people posting and answering questions. the guys on here are very helpfull and will answer any question you have.

Thanks guys It's nice to be welcomed aboard in a nice manner, I've been fishing lakeO' since the mid 80's, But not as often as I'd like. I live 250 miles away and with the price of fuel, Well you know the rest of the story, But I made up my mind this year is going to be different(more fishing) as of last year I didn't wet a line. Thanks to all that welcomed me aboard!! PAP:thumb:

I the bought a 1983 Sea Ray 22ft, cuddy off a minister, who said his buddy died and he lost interest in fishing without him, they fished Lake Onieda and had it docked there also, so in 1993 he bought a new Shore Lander trailer for it and brought it home,Oh also the marina failed to winterize it right and it froze up and busted the block. so the marinea installed a new Merc. 350 and he brought it home where he stored it in a barn for 13 years, one day his wife said to sell it, so he parked it in a local tavern by us and I saw this boat for sale. I called him up and offered him $1000.00 less than was asking and he finally came around and I boat for $3000.00 he had all the paper work that said it was surveyed at Peters marina, and I know those guys well, also had $1,800.00 worth of work to it to get ready for sale New water pump in lower unit,that also was serviced with new ujoints gimbal bearing and new bellows motor serviced on and on. Thought this is a steel, I took it, brought it home put it on a local lake and it worked great!! So one day before I take it to New York, we fished at night on a local lake for walleys, then I noticed it was running a little warm so we called it a night. The next day I started to replace the thermostat and that was where it all started, removed engine and started all over, new heads,intake,heatexchangers,block cooked you name it it's new, everthing rusted from the inside out,stored 18 years with no rv antifreeze in it, this year we will be ready, don't know about the browns but the walleye/salmon look out we are coming after your butts!!!!:grin::thumb:

I the bought a 1983 Sea Ray 22ft, cuddy off a minister, who said his buddy died and he lost interest in fishing without him, they fished Lake Onieda and had it docked there also, so in 1993 he bought a new Shore Lander trailer for it and brought it home,Oh also the marina failed to winterize it right and it froze up and busted the block. so the marinea installed a new Merc. 350 and he brought it home where he stored it in a barn for 13 years, one day his wife said to sell it, so he parked it in a local tavern by us and I saw this boat for sale. I called him up and offered him $1000.00 less than was asking and he finally came around and I boat for $3000.00 he had all the paper work that said it was surveyed at Peters marina, and I know those guys well, also had $1,800.00 worth of work to it to get ready for sale New water pump in lower unit,that also was serviced with new ujoints gimbal bearing and new bellows motor serviced on and on. Thought this is a steel, I took it, brought it home put it on a local lake and it worked great!! So one day before I take it to New York, we fished at night on a local lake for walleys, then I noticed it was running a little warm so we called it a night. The next day I started to replace the thermostat and that was where it all started, removed engine and started all over, new heads,intake,heatexchangers,block cooked you name it it's new, everthing rusted from the inside out,stored 18 years with no rv antifreeze in it, this year we will be ready, don't know about the browns but the walleye/salmon look out we are coming after your butts!!!!:grin::thumb:

Pap that elite that you were asking about on the walleye forum is going to be on sale at bass pro starting next weekend.

sounds like you,ve had some of my boat luck. i,ve had a really bad time of it the last couple of years. i just had 2 head gaskets put on my boat. had it up on erie and was having a ball. the last day we got to fish the water line from the outdrive got to leaking so bad it over heated. decided to fix it right new bellows kit with gimbel bearing u-joints shift cable the whole works. then they pulled the outdrive and found the drive coupling was shot. got that fixed also.

took it out for the 1st test run. it ran about 1 1/2 hours then we parked in a cove for awhile. when we came back out it was running like a 3 legged dog. took it back to the marina. i guess getting it hot had weakend the head gaskets because i had 2 blown head gaskets. the mechanic said he checked the heads and they are good. so i said do the gaskets. then when i went to pick up the boat we got to talking. found out he checked the heads for cracks by just looking at the heads. he hadnt magnafluxed them. he set them on a table to check for warped heads. the weather was to bad to water test it so i put it to bed for the winter. this spring i will get to water test it. it could have cracked or warped heads. it would really surprise me if nothing is wrong with the engine. just keeping my fingers crossed.

melcome to the site. there are some great guys on here.

sherman

Sherman,I feel your pain, I had the motor in and out 3 times till I had it right, and to this day, I'm not done, got the engine cover to put on all my rod holders to put on, and then pressure check her again on our local lake make shure she is LakeO' ready, hopefully by walleye season!!! I paid for 2 years registration, the new one just came the other day and still didn't wet a line out of her yet. Let keep our fingers crossed!! PAP :thumb: