New forum poster...

DUSTER

I thought Denny was getting out chartering?

Matt...he wants to...but he's trying to sell the boat and business. He told me it's hard to sell a boat without a customer base if he just shuts it down and walks away. So he'll be out there again the way it sounds as of our conversation last weekend.... Beautiful Rampage 33 he owns Matt...there's your 1st charter boat for you .;)

Eric what year is that Tiara and did I see you were out of Arcadia planning on coming up in June when it slows down here my brother-in-law really wants to fish there

It's a 82 Tiara/Pursuit and yes I'll move back to Arcadia right after the Tightlines for Troops veteran's benefit tournament in Manistee on May17th and 18th

very nice tiara and do you have any recommendations for camping and a launch in Arcadia

Arcadia Township has a good launch ramp right on 1st street between the public marina and Acadia marine's private boat slips....can't miss it, Arcadia is to small to miss it:D. For Camping there's Sunset Valley resort/motel and they have camp sites.Their about 3/4s mile north of town off of M-22. Another is Muldavid camp grounds right at the north corner of 1st and Lake st..they have RV and camping right there on Arcadia lake and a primitive boat launch there as well. Sunset valley resort is probably the better of the two ..

Matt...he wants to...but he's trying to sell the boat and business. He told me it's hard to sell a boat without a customer base if he just shuts it down and walks away. So he'll be out there again the way it sounds as of our conversation last weekend.... Beautiful Rampage 33 he owns Matt...there's your 1st charter boat for you .;)

Not till i am 50 with 8 million in the bank, then I might considered buying a big boat, untill i kinda like run other peoples, less head aches!!!

Not till i am 50 with 8 million in the bank, then I might considered buying a big boat, until i kinda like run other peoples, less head aches!!!

Matt....... I think Denny just turned 80 or is right around eighty if I recall...great guy...I've known him for 28 to 30 yrs and always a great Capt.and friend to talk and chat with.. And if you have 8 million in the bank at 50 you can buy a marina instead of charter fishing...:D:D

Matt....... I think Denny just turned 80 or is right around eighty if I recall...great guy...I've known him for 28 to 30 yrs and always a great Capt.and friend to talk and chat with.. And if you have 8 million in the bank at 50 you can buy a marina instead of charter fishing...:D:D

He's a young 'un. By the time he turns 50, $ 8 million may still only get him a 12' rowboat. ;)

Just a quick note. Riggers is closed bring your own lunch. Beer still cold in the frig but the boat is still in the barn. I hope to get it in so that I get down to Manistee for Tight Lines.

Bruce .... any news on Dredging the Arcadia harbor ? If that's not done before the Tightlines veterans tournament how will you get out of the harbor to travel down to Manistee?....According to Jimmy at Arcadia marine ....they are waiting on money for dredging before they start the dredging process.

66vmt2.jpg

Out of winter storage and In the water again ...the work begins now with getting rods and reels filled with new line. Spoons,plugs ,flys and flashers need to organized ,last summer's charters kind of left everything loose in tackle boxs and drawers down in the cabin....So I hope to be out on the big lake next week.:thumb:

Looks reel nice! :thumb::thumb:

Riggers closed for good?

Looks reel nice! :thumb::thumb:

Riggers closed for good?

I hope they open this summer...Arcadia is so small..that after Labor day there's just not enough people around to keep a resturant/bar open...Its changed hands many times over the years..