UV Tape

ekbelt

I like to customize things, and have had a hard time finding the new UV tapes that are on all the spoons and flashers.

I emailed WTP today and they gave me the top 3 tapes the lure manufactures have been buying like crazy. He said they have not updated the website with the part numbers yet, but if you order the 3"x12" sheets and note in the 'notes' section when you buy them then part#'s you want you can get them.

"We sell a tape we call Super Pearl, most of the manufacturers call it UV, the color numbers are #948 (transparent) #949 (white backed solid) and 948C (transparent crushed). These are all great tapes and currently our best sellers."

Part#'s

DLR72SI948

DLR72SI949

DLR72SI948C

I've also been eyeing www.identi-tape.com, specifically the transparent clear iridecent in this link: http://www.identi-tape.com/deco-holo.html

Kinda pricy, but it might be worth a try.

I don't think they will sell the tape or other products in bulk to the general public but WTP have had their packaged products available via the web site for quite a while. I have ordered it before because I don't know any sources that have a good selection of the different colors. Here is a link to their site where you can order direct: http://www.shopwtp-inc.com/index.php

The 949 white back ground is pretty thick. Not sure it is a good choice for spoons.Tapes that are not a problem on something big can be hard to get to stick on something as small as a spoon. Dont think you would notice the differance between 948 and 949 looks wise. The others you list should bend very easy on a spoon. Other brands of tape I would be real careful using on a spoon. Buy a small amount first. They dont all stick the same. I have no interest in WTP just my thoughts from trial and error, BW

I don't think they will sell the tape or other products in bulk to the general public but WTP have had their packaged products available via the web site for quite a while. I have ordered it before because I don't know any sources that have a good selection of the different colors. Here is a link to their site where you can order direct: http://www.shopwtp-inc.com/index.php

Witchcraft will sell you any of thier tape products they have but you have to buy full rolls.I have bought from them for over 20 years now as just a guy off the street.

I have been buying from WPT for years and never had any issues with there tape sticking even the thicker stuff sticks really well. The trick is to not use to much or us small cuts on the edges. And we coat everything so it stays there.

I ran the #'s that were listed above under a uv lite and nothing happened unlike the coating we us it turns blue in color so i guess i can't call it uv, but that's just my option.