Who here fishes saginaw bay

How is the ice and cracks on the east side? I talked to a guy who said you can only get .5 mile out of linwood after the wind earlier in the week. We did really good last weekend about 4 miles out. I normally fish the west side when the ice is good but will fish the east side if that's the only place to get out.

saw a report of a live crack 6 miles out of Thomas with a quad and shanty floating. Both guys reported on shore when my buddy called.

Be very carefull My buddy said there was a closed crack 2.5 miles out and a live crack running northwest at 6.5

I do when I get around to it.its alway a big trip to get out aways .I've caugth them in a little closer sometimes at nine ft .always earlier after frezze up mid january when ice permits.then after that its always the big haul way out.I started to just drive around take the extra time go out at linwood 3miles get to 18' and limit out in half a day.I seen the reports of break thurs .glad they were all ok.I'm just scared anymore.have'nt been out yet.

usally the east is the safe side.by the way Hello ,my name is Tom from caro.:)

west side gets deeper faster. but 2 miles is a long walk at 20 degrees.

after I get out a few times ill take some guys out with me if they want. I just need to get my travel routs and check my waypoints. I probably start next weekend.

You get get to the slot at that distance and be in 12-14 fow. Last saturday me and a buddy caught 6 in the slot but then he fished monday night and never marked a fish..

We saw the quad floating this afternoon on the way out. We have been crossing about a half mile south of that spot.

I hate to say it but I'll keep my feeeeeet on the shore at this time a little too cold for the plung thing, only have 1 day off a week till first of April, so I'll stay with the boat thing this year.

Oh and I do go out of Thomas most all the time in the past.

I fished the slot yesterday late morning and pulled one fish there with only a small number of marks. Packed up and moved out by the plug. Didn't have any bites out there. Looking to maybe get out Sunday. Good luck and be safe out there. :thumb:

Fished out of linwood from 3 to 6:30 pm today.

15 FOW Iced 7 keepers tossed 4 15 1/2"'s back.:thumb:

Crossed 1 crack about 1 mile out. No problem for snow machine

but quads are not helping it.:(:( There is about 30 yd's of ~4" ice to cross.

There was a second crack about 3 miles out but didn't go that far out so don't know the condition of it. 50-75 people were across it though.

What worked: #3 rapala chartruse,red and crome #5 rapala green and white.