first Ice walleye report in the am

Well my son hunter twisted my wifes arm so we could get up to the Saginaw river and try some wally fishing. Ive been hearing good reports all along the river so hopefully Ill have a good news report for tomorrow.

This is like deer camp. Im tring to go to bed and hunters knocking every few minutes to ask a question about jigging for walleye cause he cant sleep.

We ended up with 16 shortys and no keepers.

Ill be out on the bay next weekend. they were getting out 6 miles this weekend and getting some nice ones. No school for the kids today so we are going to run back up to the river with hunter and morgan to catch some fish.

Once I get out on the bay a few times if you want to take a ride your welcome to come out with me. The guys I usually ice fish with don't like getting out 6-8 miles. they are used to lake st clair

Well, snow last night, turned to rain overnight with a good crusty mix on the ground. Run off will likely make the river not safe IMO, I was on 4" of ice on Saturday in Bay City. Non stop action of juvenille walleye with one on the ice that made it home with me.

I too plan on hitting the bay this weekend......good luck, b safe