Question for the Blood Run Users

I need to respool my wire divers this year. I was looking at prices of various makers and found they are all about the same. So the question is quality, how good is the product? If you have been using the Blood Run 20# or 30# wire let me know what you think. Good, Bad, or Ugly, I'd like to hear about it.

Is the 30 better than the 20? What's the actual break strength on these(I remember seeing a video posted here about this)? How does it compare to Torpedo wire, I know cost is higher for the Torpedo but is the quality higher too?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks everybody!

p.s. Currently using malin single strand and mason 7 strand- experienced several breakoffs last year with both types. Figure it's getting old or worn out.

I've been using the same spools of blood run wire on my rods for 2 seasons and don't plan on changing it this year either. The only breaks I have had are at my knot. I had left a diver on it driving. Another time it broke when I reeled the knot thru the eyelet with the swivel. Other than that no problems. I ran the malin wire before the blood run and it was fine also

I've been using the same spools of blood run wire on my rods for 2 seasons and don't plan on changing it this year either. The only breaks I have had are at my knot. I had left a diver on it driving. Another time it broke when I reeled the knot thru the eyelet with the swivel. Other than that no problems. I ran the malin wire before the blood run and it was fine also

Obviously these were self inflicted issues

Most of the 30lb wire out there is fairly good quality. There are different grades of steel, we (Blood Run) use 316 grade on our 30lb which is a little more durable than the 304 grade used on our 20lb. Diameters are the same, but breaking strength/durability is different. 20lb is for walleye guys pulling small divers and direct tied crankbaits (with a leader) and breaks in the mid 20lb range. 30lb is for salmon guys pulling big divers with flashers, etc. It breaks between 40lbs and 43lbs. A few different things can be done with how the wire is twisted to resist against kinking, but at the end of the day small dia wires can kink.

We have fished our wire all season long with kinks and have had very few breakoffs over the years in those scenarios. Always good to check around your knots and crimps periodically, and re-tie every dozen trips or so. Most pressure and twisting comes at that location.

Any wire, including copper, over time does weaken from stress. After two seasons you should be looking to re-spool.

I have 4 diver setups w/ 30# Blood Run wire that have gotten a serious work out on Lake Ontario kings for 2 years now. great product, great customer service.

2 other recommendations i would make to diver setups is to add twili tips to your diver rods and completely eliminate the use of crimps to attached your swivels and tie them on instead. These 2 things will eliminate the majority of problems.

Thanks everyone for your input on the product. I ordered a couple spools of Blood Run wire. Thanks for the suggestions on how to run it and set it up as well.

Thanks for the support Bob. Give us a call with any questions, issues or concerns..and post some successful pics on our fb page this summer!