what a weekend

DIRTY DOG

as the tittle states i was drawn for the todd farm management hunt yesterday {does only:angry2: }

WHAT A BLAST to start ,there where 100 hunters on the refuge and serounding areas {35 in the refuge and 65 seurronding } with a gole of killing 200 deer to help the surrounding farmer and to get the deer of the area for the hunters

this was the largest staged deer drive one could amagen i look 3 does in 20min {2, 2 1/2 year olds and 1 at 4 1/2}and sat for 1 hour to watch it all unfold , what a amazeing site as i seen 405 deer at last count with 137 of them being bucks of all sizes even a 170 class 12 pt. non tipical that was shot on privet land behind where i was sitting this buck had a out side spread of 29.75 in and its shortest tine length was 9 inches

i sure wish i had a good digetal cam. becouse this was a amazeing event .

also to finish a good weekend out i fished the lower kalamazoo this after noon with my father and we went 5 for 7 on stealys {all of witch where released}

p.s at one time i had a heard on 11 buck stand 40 yard away and could not shoot do to does only hunt:mad:

the todd farm is a wild life refuge run by the state of mi.

its in allegen co. near fennville and is primarrily a waterfoul refuge

to get into the draw you can check with the local lisence dealers sometime in aug. and get the paper work and send a post card in with your info{there is no info or way to apply on the web} and if you are succsesful they will notify you by mail ,it dose not happen every year thouhgt this is only the third one in 6 years so it is more or less a toss up of it will happen next year or not, they do not decide till july

Yes I do, He is an 8 point and we figure he will score close to 150, he is 21" wide and heavy,G2's are over 10 inch's he dressed by our scale at 226. It says I can't post attachments.

You will need to upload this to the gallery, then you can copy and paste the link to the picture in any thread. We have a tutorial on how to upload an image to the gallery.