gander Mt

True, but its really picked over. Still some decent lures and stuff left. Went there tonight after work. The check out line was about 30 people deep! That store is going to be all guns and gun related stuff. Small amount of footware and some camo gear. I guess its going to be Michigan's largest gun library.

There were some pretty decent deals, but yesterday already the stuff was going out by the cart full. I heard one guy saying it was going to be a long night getting it all on Ebay. Too bad they are getting rid of the fishing department there. They were always helpful.

Everything in the store 20-25% off right now, excluding firearms. Signs say "remodeling sale":lol: I believe that the Cabelas will be opening on February 14th. A co worker will be doing the DJ work for their grand opening.

moneypit,

Straight from the fishing managers mouth. The grandville location will no longer have a fishing department. It will be called Gander Mountain gun World.

I'd take that as good info then. I thought I was talking to a manager but maybe not.

There is a gun world in Wisconsin here. A lot of guns but the prices are significantly higher. They will price match any local store with an in stock item however. There are a lot of guns but a lot of the store is filled with fluff wanna be tactical gear and over priced ammo. Gander however was one of the only stores around here to have .22 ammo. Imagine that .22 ammo shortage....

• 1 month later...

Went there tonight, they are upto 60% off on tackle, funny thing is I bought an item when it was 50% off, it costs the same now? They apparently raised the prices on some items, then increased the discount so it looks like a better deal, but it wasn't. Not real impressed with that practice.