Green big game line ?

Line Dancin

So i bought two spools of 20 lb big game last year the first i opened and used last year was clear. the second said it was clear but was green when i opened it. Of course i just found out tonight over a year later. Has anyone used green line recently. whats your thoughts try it or use it for something else. This will be used on my 4 rigger rods only.

I've been using it for the last 6 yrs along with clear on a few rods, kinda as an experiment. No real difference was seen between the two. I didn't have one color out fish the other.

I say try it. If you notice a big dip in catches, then consider a change. I don't think it will happen, but I've been wrong too many times to count.

I have the green on a couple of my rods i have had no issues...

Then again the last couple years the fishing has droped on lake huron maby it is the green line lol All joking aside i would run it

Good luck

I've actually been out when the only rod in the spread catching fish was one with green backer on it...and I am a stickler for keeping things the same so of course I complained ahead of time about the green line being different. My crew would not get off my back ever time that thing went off...they threatened to change all the backer to green.

i have always had very good luck with green line. a actually prefer it over the clear line. i think the green line blends in with the water better than the clear line does. except for floro leaders. so i would use it, i think you might just be surprised.

sherman

I have also had the green on my rigger rods and backed my lead core with it. Since the riggers have the clear fluoro leaders, I can't see that it could make any difference. I would actually prefer the green, but only because I like the color, not because it catches more fish.