My Season Wrap Up

SPOONWASHER

Well guys I haven't been around as much, at least not posting. Ive been super busy with school and work and spending a little time in the woods when I could. Saw some nice deer this year and had a lot of fun.

I watched this deer all summer behind my house then it disappeared about the second week of October, not sure where he went but hopefully he shows back up next year.:)

bh105294_zpse7cbf57d.jpg

We also own property nearby. Did not see the number of deer we usually do, but did see some very nice deer. Here are a few:

The neighbor shot this deer at the end of October, it went about 120

property2827-1_zps26077c4e.jpg

Bow season was pretty uneventful. I took a friend of mine hunting who has never taken a deer before and he hit a buck in the shoulder. Unfortunately that deer was never found.

prop10-3152_zpsf4427a9c.jpg

prop10-28072_zps29f65903.jpg

prop11-111026_zps2fb524cc.jpg

Saw some great deer during gun season, also had the following buck sneak within about 10 yards of me and I let him walk. As he walked away I realized I made a mistake but it was too late. I still regret not taking a shot but he will be bigger next year.

prop11-25065_zps339c5f88.jpg

I also had one of the best days duck hunting ever:grin:

IMAG0686.jpg

No shots were fired from me or my dad at deer this year, but we had fun. Our season ended a little prematurely as we are currently over in MN at the Mayo Clinic. I had knee surgery yesterday and the doc said it went well. Ended up with a few nice slices and 5 screws in the knee (forgive any typos I'm on some heavy duty stuff). If all goes well I will hopefully see some of you at the seminar in a few weeks. I hope everyone had a fun and safe year :)