I need some Lowrance advice/info

I am thinking of a new fish finder and found this one (Lowrance® HDS-7 Gen 2/StructureScan™ HD LSS-2 Combo)

I see it has a rebate up to $150.00 here; http://www.cabelas.com/assets/pdfs/lowrance_150_visa_card_rebate.pdf

My question is, is this the one for me; for 90 percent of the time Salmon fishing in Lake Mi and hopefully a little perching. Does this one qualify for the 150 rebate or only the 50

I have a Lowrance LMS 527 C which has a great GPS but not so sure of its fish finding capability. Mine has a great map system on it as well and I wondered if this one came with one and/or would the one I have work in this one.

I just don't know much about these but would like to take advantage of the rebate if this is a great unit for my uses.

Thanks

Other suggestions appreciated also:)

That unit qualifies for the $150 rebate.

The good: Excellent sonar, built in charts, structure scan, 7 inch screen, most likely no need to change skimmer transducer or power cable since they are probably the same you are currently using.

The Bad: Not most current model and likely discontinued soon.

That rebate can be used from any retailer, not just cabalas so it would be appreciated to buy from a sponsor of this website.

www.CalumetMarine.com

MSRP - $1499 Calumet Marine Price - $1375 ($1225 after rebate)

PS - If you don't need structure scan there is also a sale going on the Garmin 740s right now for $950, great price and even better unit. MY personal preference would lean towards the Garmin over the Lowrance because it is faster, much easier to use, way better GPS, and I love the touchscreen. The Garmin has a much more powerful sonar but Lowrance does have a great sonar so I wouldn't consider that an advantage for the Garmin but again Garmin does not have the ability for structure scan.

Still would like more input if anyone is willing. Its a big investment and I don't want to screw it up. I am looking seriously at a boat and it has no fish finder on it. Ryan: how long is the price good for?

I'm by no means an expert but value my $$. For what its worth I just got my Garmin in the mail today from Ryan. I was looking at several brands.A couple things swayed the scale in Garmins favor,past experience on friends boats with garmins, the fact that I plan on adding radar,(plug and play/cost), I have the upmost confidence in Ryans working knowledge and also fear of customer no service from a couple competitors if needed.Plus I have a competitors product thats failed and no chance of fixing.

I run a hds 8 for my Radar and lake maps and a hds 7 for my depth/fish finder. They have both worked flawless. I can see my 12# balls down at 80-100’. I also like the extras and ease of the system expansion on the lowrance. I added the sonic hub and Sirius radio to the system and it is great. You can control the radio or ipod from your depth finder.

Dont know that you really need structure scan for salmon fishing. That would save you a few bucks. I have a hds 5 gen 1 and love it. The gen 2 is really nice with a faster processor. I love my Lowrance unit. People say they are difficult to use but i really dont see it. You have to use ir a little and you will remember where the items are in the menus. As far as seeing things on it i have not had an issue with mine it show everything i need to see for fishing. I also have the sirius weather real time weather and LOVE it.