Wild at Heart 3rd annual year end report

For 2012 we ended up going 353 for 497 on 39 trips for a 9.1 per trip average.

we caught 242 kings

34 lakers

48 coho

22 steel

5 browns

1 tiger trout

Our king catch was way up from 2011(130) and our laker(77) and coho(78) were down. The main reason for this is we started targeting kings in April(55) by running out deep rather than running to St Joe to fish for coho. We actually took 8 nice kings in March. We also spent less time fishing for lakers because we were getting kings in deeper water than I usually find lakers(no dissapointment here). The best sucess of the season is that we increased our fish per trip again this year subsantially from 7.3 to 9.1. We were well over 10 per trip at the end of July but had some very low numbers in Sept. Our total of 353 was our 2nd best ever. We took 370 in 07 for 53 trips. We only had 4 trips in Aug, we just could not get out. In May we caught a trout with incredibile markings. Turned out to be a tiger trout. We didn't do much on big fish this year. Lots of kings 15 to 19# but no 20's. Lakers, steel, and coho were smaller on average and browns slightly bigger. No break-downs and a minimal lose of equipment loss made for a very good season. We had 3 trips with over 20 fish and a dozen over 15. Best trip of the year was Friday the 13th of July pre-fishing the Muskegon tourny. We were 15 for 23 with 13 kings over 12#, a #8 steel, and a 7# brown in 2 hours all within 100yds of the peir heads, fishing with my twins. I last fished about 4 weeks ago and my son last wed and there was an incredible amount of bait out in 120 to 140(mountians). Im excited to get back out next year and anixious to see if we can find the kings out deep again in March/April. Best of luck to all, and I would very much like to see others yearly reports.

nothing reaaly special Tom. typical 9 rod spread of 3 riggers, 2 dipsies, and 4 boards with copper. All the regular spoon and flasher/fly combos that you typically see posted on here. Mountian dew SD with pickeled sunshine fly and Double Trouble Moonshine spoon are always out. 1 rigger is always 1 to 2 foot off the bottom. Best advice is watch these reports for current info.