buck-doe double 11-18-12

NO MO BEGGEN

i got my first double sense if been hunting sunday morning. about 9 am. two deer came up behind me in some pretty thick brush not knowing one of them was this nice 7 pt. i waited for the first deer to step out and it was a doe so i quickly raised my trusty 12 ga and pow i let her have it. and of course off she ran but to my amazement the other deer just stood there and watched her run off. so i quickly racked another shell and waited. the second deer then took a few steps and came out in the same opening and pow i let it have one also. to be honest i had no idea that the second one was a buck until i walked up on it after i shot. but it was alright cause i had enough tags to cover 2 does or for this instance a doe and buck. and to make it even better my dad was hunting with me for some great memorries. and even better than that it has a small drop tine on the right antler:thumb:

roger_and_dad_11-18-12.jpg

congrats on a great hunt, and great memeries with your dad.

my first double wasnt so easy. i was hunting way back in the wood down in this swampy botton. i was up my tree just after 1st light. i heard something coming and got my gun ready. i couldnt see very far for the heavy brush in that direction. so i just waited. this nice little 8 pointer walks out about 15 yrds from me and looks up at me. i just drop the gun down on his chest and pull the trigger. he drops right in his tracks.

i field dress the deer he has 5 points on one side and 3 on the other. so i start dragging him in. i get about half way in and i am wore out. its getting late for lunch so im hoping somebody will come looking for me. im sitting on the deer and look out to the fire trail that goes around the woods. i went the closest route dragging the deer. but there was my 250 pd 6'3" nephew and my son. i start hollering at them. they come over and started draging my buck in. they went up to the fire trail and headed for the parking lot. about 125 yrds from the parking lot i look to my right down in the woods and there was 2 does looking at me. i shoot left handed and had the gun laying on my right arm, so all i had to do was shoulder the gun and raise the barrel alittle. they was about 40 yrds. when i raised the gun i seen the one deers tail go up and here she went, i sighted in on the other deer i seen her tail go up and i pulled the trigger and the deer ran off. and my nephew not knowing i was going to shoot and he was in fromt dragging the deer. well when i shot he just did a nose dive to the ground. it was really funny but i felt sorry that i couldnt warn him i was going to shoot.

i walked over and found blood. i sent my son to get my little brother, he was an awesome tracker. he could find a drop of blood the size of a needles eye. so i waited on him. but we didnt have any trouble tracking her. my son and nephew draged the buck on to the van in the parking lot then came back to help us. we went slow and kept an eye out for the deer. when we found her she was 5 yrds from the road. so we didnt really have to drag her out.

we was hunting on a wildlife area, so you had to check your deer in. they would weigh them and take one side of there lower jaw on the inside so they would have the teeth to study. the buck field dressed weighed 161 lbs the doe i shot was a monster. she field dressed at 166 pds.

i didnt write this to try and show off. just thought you would like to read my story. im just telling a story im sure you can relate to. this hunt you just had will be fresh in your mind as long as you live. and you have your father to share it with. enjoy your memeries of your hunt. i lost my dad when i was 4 so i have no memeries of him or with him at all. you are a very lucky man.

sherman

congrats on a great hunt, and great memeries with your dad.

my first double wasnt so easy. i was hunting way back in the wood down in this swampy botton. i was up my tree just after 1st light. i heard something coming and got my gun ready. i couldnt see very far for the heavy brush in that direction. so i just waited. this nice little 8 pointer walks out about 15 yrds from me and looks up at me. i just drop the gun down on his chest and pull the trigger. he drops right in his tracks.

i field dress the deer he has 5 points on one side and 3 on the other. so i start dragging him in. i get about half way in and i am wore out. its getting late for lunch so im hoping somebody will come looking for me. im sitting on the deer and look out to the fire trail that goes around the woods. i went the closest route dragging the deer. but there was my 250 pd 6'3" nephew and my son. i start hollering at them. they come over and started draging my buck in. they went up to the fire trail and headed for the parking lot. about 125 yrds from the parking lot i look to my right down in the woods and there was 2 does looking at me. i shoot left handed and had the gun laying on my right arm, so all i had to do was shoulder the gun and raise the barrel alittle. they was about 40 yrds. when i raised the gun i seen the one deers tail go up and here she went, i sighted in on the other deer i seen her tail go up and i pulled the trigger and the deer ran off. and my nephew not knowing i was going to shoot and he was in fromt dragging the deer. well when i shot he just did a nose dive to the ground. it was really funny but i felt sorry that i couldnt warn him i was going to shoot.

i walked over and found blood. i sent my son to get my little brother, he was an awesome tracker. he could find a drop of blood the size of a needles eye. so i waited on him. but we didnt have any trouble tracking her. my son and nephew draged the buck on to the van in the parking lot then came back to help us. we went slow and kept an eye out for the deer. when we found her she was 5 yrds from the road. so we didnt really have to drag her out.

we was hunting on a wildlife area, so you had to check your deer in. they would weigh them and take one side of there lower jaw on the inside so they would have the teeth to study. the buck field dressed weighed 161 lbs the doe i shot was a monster. she field dressed at 166 pds.

i didnt write this to try and show off. just thought you would like to read my story. im just telling a story im sure you can relate to. this hunt you just had will be fresh in your mind as long as you live. and you have your father to share it with. enjoy your memeries of your hunt. i lost my dad when i was 4 so i have no memeries of him or with him at all. you are a very lucky man.

sherman

thks for the story i always like reading things like that