update on gla magazine?

prop nut

Hi Dave

can you help clear up some of the rumors circulating that you and some of the old gla staff will be helping the new owner in some form or fashion

we all liked what you did with the magazine in the past and hope it will some day will be again a usefull tool to help us all make more use out of our limited time on the water

Frank

Frank:

I'm doing a feature and a new products column for them and helping Nick Amato find some writers and just answering any questions he might have, but I'm not a fulltime employee. Kirsten Moxley, ad gal extraordinaire, quit O'Meara-Brown before the sale, and Amato Publications asked her to sell for GLA, which she is doing. Other than that, I hear the Bingster gets to be on the masthead until 2020 for some unknown reason, but as far as I know isn't contributing anything to the program.

Dan Keating is going to be a contributor and I think Nick has contacted Ernie and Jeff Lantiegne, as well. I gave him a list of my favorite guys to work with in addition to those three, but I really don't know who is contributing what.

Should be a decent magazine. I know they'll be able to deliver more content due to lower overhead. I'm for sure wishing them well.

Dave

I only meant that I thought only you are supposed to start posts in this section...

Dan:

I don't know if we had an official policy. If someone wants to start one that leads to a BLOG it's fine by me.

But if Mike doesn't want that to happen, then that's fine, too.

Hope you're staying warm and going fishing soon!

Dave