what would you spend $100 on?

I just thought this would be a fun discussion for a rainy Wed

I just sold something for $100.

I am going to spend it on salmon stuff.

What would you buy?

I am just getting back into salmon fishing, I have most of the basic stuff.

I am thinking about spending it on rigging 2 wire dipsy rods. I have the rods and reels, but I dont have tips, wire, etc.

Just looking for ideas, things I may have overlooked

thanks

I'm in no way affiliated with the company but I really like the Torpedo weights. I run two riggers, Torpedos (instead of deep dipsey/slide divers) on the inside with bent fins, then divers outside of those. I'd consider a set of those with clips.

you might also think about new line. i just bought some new sufix 832 braid for all my lite bite slide divers. i,ve been using the old cabelas ripcord in 65 lb test. and from tangles on a few of the reels i needed new line. so i used power pro. but you could tell from where the line was hitting the water they wasnt diving like the old rip cord. the middle rod had power pro on it. and it rode higher in the water than either of the other 2 lines. so i decided i wanted the same line on all my divers. cabelas had the 600 yrd spools of sufix 832 on sale for i think 44.99 per spool. then i had a 53.00 credit on my credit card account with them. so i bought 2 new spools of line.

i use the daiwa size 17 line counter reels. 200 ft of 17 lb mono backing and 150 yrds of braid fills my reels full. i keep 8 reels spooled up. i usely run 6 and have 2 spares. but i have been known to run 8 but i dont like doing that. but i can spool 4 reels from each 600 yrd spool. i got free shipping but had to pay sales tax. so i still got enough new line to spool all my diver reels for less than 50.00.

so as long as you spend it on something your going to need anyway, then you,ve made a good purchase.

right now if i had another 100.00 to just spend. i would go to fishusa.com and buy up some 3d worm harnesses. or go to galeforcetackle.com and buy up some new worm harnesses. its hard to make the choice without having the money. i already have alot of the gale force tackles worm harnesses but you can never have to many. but fishusa.com has some 3d worm harnesses in uv i would like to try. so do i go with a proven winner or should i try something new?? you tell me.

sherman

I just thought this would be a fun discussion for a rainy Wed

I just sold something for $100.

I am going to spend it on salmon stuff.

What would you buy?

I am just getting back into salmon fishing, I have most of the basic stuff.

I am thinking about spending it on rigging 2 wire dipsy rods. I have the rods and reels, but I dont have tips, wire, etc.

Just looking for ideas, things I may have overlooked

thanks

Brian, I really like these. Have not tried them on Walleye yet but am very pleased with them on salmon. Love the adjustment. (also really enjoy helping people spend their money).

http://www.downriggerrelease.com/

Paul C.

Brian, I really like these. Have not tried them on Walleye yet but am very pleased with them on salmon. Love the adjustment. (also really enjoy helping people spend their money).

http://www.downriggerrelease.com/

Paul C.

The Chamberlains work even better on walleye. Especially nice that they will trip on small walleye or the other small fish that could get towed around otherwise.

I also use them on salmon from spring through fall and have no trouble with pulling spoons, plugs or flashers.

If you are considering changing rigger releases, these are hard to beat.

I understand about the releases, but I do have releases now.

And I do have plenty of terminal tackle.

The torpedo weights are an interesting thought

New line is always a good idea too

worm harnesses are not on my radar, I need more salmon stuff. Maybe later.

I just thought I would get more bang for my buck getting my wire rods setup, since I do not have any now and would like some before next season.

I think your on the right track with the wire Brian, wire is a must IMO. You could also think about adding some copper to the mix but if don't have any large capacity reels $100 isn't going to make it very far.

That is where I would go with $100.00, if u have all that u need in the other areas. I can never have enough variety in presentations, I have wire dipsy rigs and power pro rigs too. In spring run small dipseys on mono along with all my rigger and long line presentations. The wire rods I use are just standard hard aluminum oxide guide Okuma dipsy rods with twill tips and good line counter reels with really good drags.

i think you,ve pretty much decided where you want to spend the money. i think it sounds like a great time to get your wire divers set up. its already something you plan to do, so why not go for it?? its just like me on my braid fishing line. i knew i was going to get new line. i just hadnt decided for sure where i was going to get it or for sure what brand i wanted. i tried the sufix 832 in 20 lb for bass fishing in a farm pond in tenn, and it worked great. so i was looking at the sufix and the new power pro super slick. then i found the sufix on sale at cabelas and i already had a 53.00 credit, and they was offering free shipping. so that all together made up my mind for me.

so i really think you should spend the money on your wire diver set ups. you cant go wrong getting something you know your going to get before next season anyway. just my opinion.

sherman

I have rip cord dypsy set ups. What I did this spring was run 1 dypsy and 1 diver to see which one was going to work best. Out of 40 trips I only pulled the torpedo twice. One trip the torpedo diver took are only hits:confused:.

I have snap swivel on the rip cord side and a clear snubber on the lure side of the dypsy. When I run the torpedo I just remove the dypsy and attach the snubber to the snap swivel using the same leader/snap that I had behind the dypsy. Let out 30' of line and attach the torpedo diver with a pinned rubber pad clip.( I use one similar to a red offshore or18 I believe).

I had better success with the musky size, why exactly I don't know for sure..More then likely it was where the lure was positioned in my spread as the musky size dives slower then the cuda.

All I have to say is $100 always turns into $1000! Just bought 6 more tekotas for the spring! Great end of the year deals at Bretts on the Bay.

Well for me $100 sometimes turns to $50 LOL

Anyway thanks for the idea on Bretts. I am on thier site, they have a lot of stuff. I will probably place order from them