That's a wrap!

JWheeler

My fishing season is over! :eek: This weekend was my last scheduled trip for the year. The weather did not cooperate, so fishing out of the boat did not happen. Ran up to fish a river yesterday, which yielded one coho. Then from there I took the scenic route up to the boat. Checked out the lake. which didn't look bad near shore, but offshore it was ROLLING.

Summation of the season: MY TIMING STUNK!

Every time we fished we were faced with less than ideal conditions. Whether it be wind, or the water just never set up for us to capitalize on some easy fishing. It amazes me that every single trip for salmon this year was affected by weather conditions. This is a first for me. Hoping next year things are a bit better for me and the crew. We worked our tales off for everything we caught, and by no means was it a horrible season, just a lot more work than usual.

BRING ON THE ICE!:thumb::grin:

I hear ya Jason. Made 2 trips to the west side in less than ideal conditions but at least made the best of those trips and got some fish to boot. Seems the weather most of the summer was good till it got to August when I like to go west. I certainly cannot complain on the fish that lower Lk Huron gave up to us this past season and am looking forward to spring. I winterized the boat this past week and will spend the winter getting my project boat ready for the water in the spring. It will help keep my mind off of fishing over the winter.

For you big tin can lovers this is my project, so far have her gutted, new transom is made as well as the cabin walls.

b1b.jpg

I hear ya Jason. Made 2 trips to the west side in less than ideal conditions but at least made the best of those trips and got some fish to boot. Seems the weather most of the summer was good till it got to August when I like to go west. I certainly cannot complain on the fish that lower Lk Huron gave up to us this past season and am looking forward to spring. I winterized the boat this past week and will spend the winter getting my project boat ready for the water in the spring. It will help keep my mind off of fishing over the winter.

For you big tin can lovers this is my project, so far have her gutted, new transom is made as well as the cabin walls.

b1b.jpg

Have fun making that Big Tin Can what you want it to be!

I'll likely see you early spring on the sunrise side.....

I got out once in the last 3 weeks too, nasty weather but for only a few days, all was calm on the fishing side of Ludington since mid-August basically, it died real early. Today and a few hours between rain this past weekend, I stripped the old girl, got her gassed up, and am pulling out shortly to winterize. Even after 30+ years, I still never get used to the "depression" at the end of the season, sad to say the least.