How did everyone do during firearm deer season?

Heavy Action

i shot my first buck this year! i shot an 8pt that went #166 with a 19 3/4" spread and scored 138 3/8 green before deductions. i have been trying to post pictures but cant seem to get them into the format to upload to the site. maybe i can email them to someone who knows how to do it? if not i will see if my girlfriend knows how. this is my 4th year hunting and have shot does every year but this is my first buck. i used to hate deer hunting but i must say its growing on me, but my true passion is waterfowl hunting!

One 7 point, a 5 point, and 3 does that I all shot with my muzzle loader.

Freezer is very full,

Caznik

And a damaged forehead?!?!!?!??

I put a 3 1/2 year old buck in the freezer flavored in 6 point for rifle and waiting on the trophy head for muzzleloader!!!!

T

this year was my second year bow hunting, i saw lots of bucks with a few of them being bigger than the one i shot! never had a shot that i felt comfortable taking, always a limb/ thicket etc. in the way. bow hunting is an awsome challenge i just need to get everything to line up so i can shoot one. nothing like a 14pt. with a 22-24" spread at 9yards and not have a shot LOL! made my heart pump though!

Buck_623959.jpg

Buck2_341967.jpg

Buck3.jpg

Congrats Lead Lover and everyone else on their hunting sucess!

Caz, you need to were a hat with a recoil spring on the bill! Nice season!

I am still hunting. I managed a 7 pt. with a bow on the 7th. 2 1/2 yr. old, not a monster but ok. I shot an 8 pt. on the 15th with my rifle, and a doe on the 25th. Have to fill a couple more doe tags and basically just hang out in the field with my buds that still have buck tags to fill.

I don't have pics of the 7 pt. but I do have pics in the gallery of the 8 pt.

Good Luck to those still hunting! Get out them muzzleloaders and pump some lead!:D

CaptainNutKiller003.jpg

CaptainNutKiller005.jpg

CaptainNutKiller004.jpg

Yep, this is what happens when you put your forhead and nose to close to your scope when you shot. :angry2:

thehunter.jpg

I think I bled more than the deer did. By time my daughter got up to me to look at the deer my nose and forehead was bleeding all over my neck and face. She said that I better go back and get stiches.

But I didn't and stayed out and hunted,

Cazzzz:grin:

i shot 2 big does and a 3 point that had a broaken front leg with my bow in the first 2 weeks of bow season and let several small buck go , but never seen a deer after the 15th of nov. but next sat i will be on a manegement hunt on the todd farm to do a little heard thinning for the dnr ,to day there was around 450 deer on the farm {2 sq. miles}

Shot a 5 pt with my bow on nov13th. So far for the firearm season I have shot 3 does as we are overpopulated with them on my property. Total off of my place is 7 deer. Father in law shot a 6 pt with a gun. neighbor shot 7pt with a bow. my father shot a doe on the last day of reg firearm and my 16 yr old shot a button>>>lol.

gave one doe to my brother in law who cant hunt as he is battling cancer and one to the homeless shelter in Grand Rapids.