How much gear lost this year?

You guys are funny, I mean really? I don't count the losses, it's few and far, as much as the successfuls that happen, much more, and really, did some of you guys make this stuff up? Or is it for laughs? Like, hey, retie those lines all the time, including wires and braids, riggers too need new cable, it's not that hard. Peel and Retie folks, it takes little time to make sure, for sure. Boat Fish, not releases! For me, one of the first rules of winning.

Quarter Midget repairs

5 front axles

2 rear axles

3 shocks

8 radius rods

4 tie rods

14 heim joints

7 sets of right side tires

3 sets of left side tires

2 wheels

Costs....$2,000+ and that does not include the entry fees.

My wife wanted me to keep track of how much I(we) spent, but that's kind of like buying fishing equipment. :D

Were we talking fishing or race car parts?

Quarter Midget repairs

5 front axles

2 rear axles

3 shocks

8 radius rods

4 tie rods

14 heim joints

7 sets of right side tires

3 sets of left side tires

2 wheels

Costs....$2,000+ and that does not include the entry fees.

My wife wanted me to keep track of how much I(we) spent, but that's kind of like buying fishing equipment. :D

Were we talking fishing or race car parts?

ouch:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1 Mag diver and #3 MOP J plug, pulling lines and it just popped 25' out.

Three mag moonshine bloody noses. I don't think I'm supposed to own that one.

One mag mongolian beef when a king hit the full core and ran right over the fish on that rod.

All four planer boards when a speed boat ran me over 300 yards south of the pier. We picked up three and let him keep the one that was wrapped up in his out drive causing him to go dead in the water. We then put down three riggers and two divers and boxed the remaining 14 fish to limit out while trolling circles around him, dipping the net for the last time when he finally got a tow. The marina called me the next day with the last board after they cut it off his prop. Oddly, they would not give me a name.

One thunderstick in the channel. We had a king in the net with a thunderstick in its mouth and it flopped out of the net, took off and broke the line. How the hell did he do that? Usually a thunderstick in a net is a 10 minute removal.

Two J-11 rapalas in one trip, and never saw either rod move.

River time is coming up, so my supply of gold hot and tots will be going down....

• 1 year later...

(2) Reef runners

(2) Old thundersticks had the back hooks ripped out by kings

(1) Shad rap

(1) Stinger spoon that I dropped out of the yak because my hands were shaking so much after landing my first fish...

(1) Mag moonshine spoon

(1) Torpedo diver that I dropped through the scupper hole...

(2) Nets lol - Kings swam/bit through both. I learned and upgraded to a bigger, higher quality net now

(1) Rod - snapped it off trying to lift a king up by the tail after losing my net...

(1) Paddle snapped at the point of connection - I now carry a backup

Caught a king that was dragging around a dipsey diver

Found a tackle box of lures that nobody claimed. Most were rusted but a few were still usable.

• 2 weeks later...

I lost 300' 45lb copper and the 11" paddle and fly, another 11" paddle and fly, a spoon, all when a boat cut across the back of me and ran his downriggers through my gear. Just recently lost my boat when it got crushed when my barn collapsed. I haven't been able to dig out my rod/reels and tackle yet, so I'm sure some of those are crushed as well.

I lost 300' 45lb copper and the 11" paddle and fly, another 11" paddle and fly, a spoon, all when a boat cut across the back of me and ran his downriggers through my gear. Just recently lost my boat when it got crushed when my barn collapsed. I haven't been able to dig out my rod/reels and tackle yet, so I'm sure some of those are crushed as well.

Sorry about your boat, I doubt yours will be the only one lost to all this snow.

We lost a couple spoons and a flasher/fly combo. been fishing on lake michigan since I can remember, and have never lost a cannonball. I also don't bounce them off the bottom for lakers.

J11 rap, more pissed about the 8# brown that took it. $50 derby fish.

Thin fish that took about 20 fish.

Green glow #4 j plug, running low, cut myself off and lost it with most of a full core when I turned too hard to square up a fish.

One treble hook off a thunderstick that my nephew kept after we ripped it out of his finger.

Two hot and tots pier fisherman took from me.

A dw plug that never got hit until a massive rip in the channel that scared me so much I just stared at the diver rod as it thrashed.

One magnum uv green dolphin silver streak..

Stuff I got back:

Same uv silver streak when we landed the same king ten minutes later on a different rod.

Offshore board, no name, set up the same way mine are.

My diver and snubbed I mentioned losing here thanks to Ben lubbers snagging it and giving it back. He kept the j plug, I know he like wonderbread and it's in good hands now so that's cool.

Lost a couple of Paddles with flies, 2 boards, and several spoons. Biggest loss was the Anchor and 50' of 1/2" line. North of Jean Klok park in St Joe, 30 FOW. 1 12# ball. Had a bass fisherman snag my rigger line in the slip and he loosened the drag on the rigger then pulled his bait out. Lost 200' of cable to kinks and back lash. So wish people would stay out of the slip basin when they are casting bass rigs. I have also had one cut my transducer cable to retrieve a bait.

I feel rather fortunate after reading 4 pages of losses

I only lost one pancake rigger weight with the release first time down (brain fart with a terminator)

1 deeper diver with abe & al flasher and moonshine atomic melon spoon (bad split ring that opened up)

2 colors of lead core (due to LCD lead core disaster too much stuff spinning too close to each other)

the fish we landed far out weighed the loss of equip

Lets all have a better year this season!!!:grin:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lost

Two Walker Deeper Divers

Two LJ J-Plugs

Three Moonshine Spoons

Four Snubbers

One Ten Color Lead Core

Two Treble hooks due to failed Split rings

Found

One Churches Walleye board (been out there a while, faded and phone number un-readable)

One down rigger release wrapped in seaweed on the beach after the big blow

One orange barrel just under the surface in the scum line (how that got out there I will never know)

• 2 months later...