Dismal weekend for me 13.5 hours trolling over 2 days and only 2 small fish to show for it. Sat fished from 7am till 3 pm 0 fish first skunk on my boat since 09. Out today and from 7am till noon 0 fish, Gary and Steve said they had no plans so I pointed it west changed out to a Steelhead program and told them we were gonna catch fish or catch a Brewers Game in Milwaukee. Picked up a small King in 270ft and a nice Steelhead in 280. Turned back in trolled to 250 without a hit and pulled lines.

It was a positive report I was positive I was not getting skunked 2 days in a row. Don was fishing south of me to start the day I went north. When he called and said he had a couple in the box we pulled gear and headed down by him. I was working the area with him when he said he was calling it a day with 3 in the box. That was when we changed gear and headed west. If Don was watching behind him on his way in he would have seen our first fish come in right after I pulled the divers and bags. The salmon hit the slider on the Starboard rigger set at 60 and the Steelhead hit a Ace Hi plug on the port rigger set at 53.

It was a positive report I was positive I was not getting skunked 2 days in a row. Don was fishing south of me to start the day I went north. When he called and said he had a couple in the box we pulled gear and headed down by him. I was working the area with him when he said he was calling it a day with 3 in the box. That was when we changed gear and headed west. If Don was watching behind him on his way in he would have seen our first fish come in right after I pulled the divers and bags. The salmon hit the slider on the Starboard rigger set at 60 and the Steelhead hit a Ace Hi plug on the port rigger set at 53.

we ended with 4..cant short a guy 1 fish when he only had 4:lol:

We jigged the sand docks on Sunday (9/16) again from 6:15-10:15. Saw as many as 50 boats and probably 10 Salmon boated, as well as one catfish. None of those fish came to our boat, unfortunately. We did have a handful of hits, but nothing stuck on. Not as many marks on the graph as last time. I don't know if we will get a big push of fish this year, it's already September 17th. I am kind of thinking that once they do come, they will just blow up the river. What are you guys thinking?

Thanks for the report Maniac~

Wish everyday could be easy limits and full coolers, unfortunately conditions change and so does the fishing. But you're well aware of what is right around the corner....some spectacular fishing :thumb:

I honestly think they have already ran up the river. With the numbers we get all season their can't be all that many left the reduced stocking has it's affect. I have a friend with a small creek that connects to the White and he said they are laying on beds in his creek. 2 weeks ago the fish were stacked up in 80 to 100 now they are gone those fish were bronzed up pretty good. If I were still concerned with getting Kings I would hit the rivers. What I want is the water to setup so I can get to my Steelhead. They are flat out my fav fish to catch and eat in the big pond. Then we can start on the Walleye and perch till the water freezes and I hit the rivers for more steel. The fall harvest is coming bring it on.

There are no fish in a trib of the Grand near my house and it is usually loaded with Salmon this time of year. I just love having a Pi$$ed off king 35' below the boat with my walleye jigging rod--it's my favorite way to catch them.

I have never tried steelhead fishing the big lake in the fall, I am usually bow hunting, but may try it this year. I do, however, love steelhead fishing the MO with my brother January to March, before the idiots join the party.