Loon's Foot - 9/15/12

Hit the water around 7:00AM and headed down the WI/MN line. Lots of boats out this morning. Setup in about 60 fow and headed east. Two small lakers and nice King fairly quickly and all on a watermelon spoon. Got quiet for awhile then heard some reports that fish were hitting 25-35' down. Moved a couple of lines up and immediately started getting hits. Had 3 fish get off near the boat and landed 2 more lakers. Had 4 or 5 releases with no fish. When we found the fish the color didn't seem to make much difference. Mostly spoons and a couple of hits on a green fly behind a silver flasher. Nice to have some fish in the box again.

Gordy...........

Didn't have a great year this year - mostly due to the flood, too much work travel, too many other irons in fire, bought a cabin.................. Next year I have to get my priorities back in order. I see that I joined this site about a month after you. The Lake Superior fishing reports don't seem to be a huge hit here but I'm going to at least add what I can. Maybe more will post if they see some new stuff getting added.

Come on up and give me a shout. Be happy to have you aboard if you don't mind me picking your brain.