The BLOG

Dave Mull

First, I want to thank Mike Heckman for giving me some space for a BLOG that aims to entertain and inform guys and gals who enjoy fishing the Great Lakes. The purpose is to provide news and commentary about things that affect the fishery along with new product info that might make fishing more enjoyable. The third major area of content material will be travel info about places worth visiting--and maybe worth avoiding--around our sweetwater seas and beyond.

As the former editor of Great Lakes Angler (laid off and probably not getting asked back), I get some sneak previews of new stuff that is worth sharing. I also get to fish with guys trying new techniques and get to see all sorts of little tricks that some really good fishermen use to catch fish, organize tackle, make their boats more ergonomic--the kinds of stuff that the magazine used to cover in the Basics & Beyond section. Plans are to provide those kinds of snippets here, in words and pictures as well as video.

I have the ambitious goal of providing five new entries per week, but I can't promise I'll be able to do that while in the midst of figuring out how to support my wife and 16-year-old son along with a menagerie of hobby farm pets, not to mention needing to support my own serious addiction to fishing and hunting. But I will do the best I can! This is truly a nice website for anglers and I am privileged to be a part of it.

Dave Mull

Sorry about the job Dave but u will land on your feet. If u need a boat ride get in touch with me by PM will be fishing most Sundays when weather permits until time to pull the boat out. We are slipped at Brians Marina in St Joe. Slip 111. My cell is 269 929 4221. Our boat is a 1974 John Allmand but she fishes.

Welcome! I've been a reader of GLA mag and board for years.

Enjoyed your work ~ I had one of the best nights fishing (7/3) with Nailer and crew...I think that was the same day you donated a boat, gear etc.. to the Lake:eek:

Look forward to the BLOG:thumb:

Welcome aboard Dave. No need to thank me. The addition of you and the blog will be a BIG asset to this website. :thumb: We look forward to reading your blog and having you as a member of the website/team.

That was the first time I have ever been to WingsETC. That was a fantastic burger they served! :thumb: I liked it so much, I took my family there on Thursday.

Sorry about the job Dave but u will land on your feet. If u need a boat ride get in touch with me by PM will be fishing most Sundays when weather permits until time to pull the boat out. We are slipped at Brians Marina in St Joe. Slip 111. My cell is 269 929 4221. Our boat is a 1974 John Allmand but she fishes.

Thank you for that kind offer and I will give you a call if I have a Saturday to get away! Always like fishing with new people--haven't gone on someone else's boat yet and not learned something useful.

Dave

Scott:

Yes it was the same day!

Thank you for the compliments. The works will certainly continue (if you can call it work). Just will be available in different venues.

Dave

Welcome! I've been a reader of GLA mag and board for years.

Enjoyed your work ~ I had one of the best nights fishing (7/3) with Nailer and crew...I think that was the same day you donated a boat, gear etc.. to the Lake:eek:

Look forward to the BLOG:thumb:

Mike:

I really appreciate the opportunity.

Glad you enjoyed Wings, Etc. I wonder if I show them this thread they'd give me a discount? Ha.

Dave

Welcome aboard Dave. No need to thank me. The addition of you and the blog will be a BIG asset to this website. :thumb: We look forward to reading your blog and having you as a member of the website/team.

That was the first time I have ever been to WingsETC. That was a fantastic burger they served! :thumb: I liked it so much, I took my family there on Thursday.

Thanks KJ.

I will definitely be doing seminars and need to talk to Dan Keating to get a schedule together for 2013. Thanks for asking!

Dave

I think the Blog will be a great addition Dave.

Are you planning to continue doing seminars in the future?

Thanks for the kind words.

The last I heard they'll be doing a Jan/Feb issue and five more in 2013.

I hope it doesn't just go away. It was always a labor of love and I will miss putting it together.

If any of you guys have really really deep pockets and want to buy it, I know an unemployed editor who might do a fair job of running it.

Dave

Dave

I followed your blogs on gla and look forward to seeing them here now.

Does this mean the end of gla mag?

Glad to have you here Dave' date=' sorry about GLA decision.

I supported the magazine, but moslty because I wanted to see great lakes fishing (in any form) suceed. I got most of my news/ideas from GLF and I'm very happy to have your expertise here.[/quote']

My sentiments exactly. I do learn a lot here but did always get a big smile when Dave's magazine showed up. (Great Lakes Angler).

Paul C.

Mattawan, MI