think before you speak butt head

i just want to say thanks to the guy at the boat launch today that dropped a turd on my morning of fishing by being a jerkoff at 5 a.m. Ben of bendden rods and i were just finishing putting the boat in this morning and another group of guys pulls into the launch. The driver of the truck jumps out and starts yelling after he darn near runs ben over as hes walking back to the dock. Hey is that your truck up there in the parking lot and i replied back ya it is what of it. well then he starts in on how out of respect i should park my truck on the other side of the road by the cleaning station. so that little switch that turns on inside of you when someone says just not the right thing came on and off i went yelling back at him. I said to him first of all its in the middle of the week and the wave report is calling for 3-5's. not to mention the whole parking lot is empty and he has his choice of anywhere else to park but there. anyhow you get the point. some people preach about how you should have so much respect for other people and they end up being the biggest dumb asses there are. i mean come on its in the middle of the week and its calling for 3-5s and theres only 2 cars in the lot at what normally would be the busyest time to put your boat in HOW MANY GUYS DO YOU THINK ARE GOIN FISHIN TODAY. so we get back to the launch around 11 am and you guessed it 3 cars in the lot mine bens and the idiot that pissed me off. if it would have been a nice day and or the weekend i would have parked on the other side of the road right where i always do.

It's hard to ignore the morons sometimes. We tend to be in and out in 2 shakes of a lambs tail, so usually there is no issue. I wouldn't be biting my tongue if someone else thought it was in their best interest to be disrespectful. Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

The people that are the worst, are the ones that back down, get the boat off the trailer and then load up and gear up, THIS REALLY MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL, I'll give those guys the business every time! Move it or lose it

it reminds me of a couple weeks ago at the fish cleaning station some guy came over from the yact club to clean his fish at the same time as plumkrazy (phil) and i were there and he started feeding us the riot act cause he got a little splash on him from the grinder as phil fed a fish into it. i dont know about anyone else but i usually walk out of there with atleast a damp shirt

We got a cigarette boat problem. I guess if you own a cigarette boat it requires you to idle your engines for 6 hrs at the launch. I've gone out & came back on a few trips & saw the same guy in the same spot at the launch. I have dreams of walking up untieing their boat & giving em a nice shove.

it reminds me of a couple weeks ago at the fish cleaning station some guy came over from the yact club to clean his fish at the same time as plumkrazy (phil) and i were there and he started feeding us the riot act cause he got a little splash on him from the grinder as phil fed a fish into it. i dont know about anyone else but i usually walk out of there with atleast a damp shirt

Sounds like a primadonna who had no biz being in a fish cleaning station. I actually have clothes that are dedicated to fishing, cuz I know they're going to take a beating, get hooks, blood and whatever else all over them. LOL.....

Sounds like a primadonna who had no biz being in a fish cleaning station. I actually have clothes that are dedicated to fishing, cuz I know they're going to take a beating, get hooks, blood and whatever else all over them. LOL.....

Exactly and my wife reminds me if i grab a wrong shirt in the morning.

I guess you can say that our big water trolling, and all the preparation, risk, joys, sorrows, expenses not to mention lost sleep can bring out the best and the worst in us.

When I had a small enough boat at a wide ramp I launched at an angle behind those knuckleheads who backed onto the ramp and started loading their boats. Very satisfying. I pulled it off once anyway. Very satisfying.

Sport fishing is not supposed to be about conflict and stress. It's a bummer when you're minding your own business, not breaking rules or causing problems and you get pulled into another guys bad day.

Usually seems to be either some funny stuff that happens at the launch or something that has a tendency to boil under our skin. Earlier this season we were approaching the launch but had to wait for an open dock to come in on between the jet skiiers and other boats that had just came in or were going out. This one boat headed in well before me so we sat in idle figuring he had his truck at the water ready to load.....sitting.....sitting and still he hadn't moved the boat. Finally the other side of the dock opened and we pulled in, tied off, retrieved the vehichle, loaded, pulled out to the tie down and this individual was still sitting and the boat wasn't even near the trailer yet. I looked at the name on the side of his boat......"Bout and Hour" best thing he could have ever named that boat. :no::no: He was still putting his rubbers on so he could hook up his boat......gotta love it.

Have had the same problem at probably the same cleaning station. When I say "heads up" getting glared at was not the reaction I was thinking. So what am I supposed to do, wait until he is done and cleared out to use the grinder and make sure the station is cleaner than when I found it?

We got a cigarette boat problem. I guess if you own a cigarette boat it requires you to idle your engines for 6 hrs at the launch. I've gone out & came back on a few trips & saw the same guy in the same spot at the launch. I have dreams of walking up untieing their boat & giving em a nice shove.

Been there , came back to the Launch after a morning of fishing and this guy has his cigarette boat on the launch and wiping it down, he's there for what seems like an hour. We cleaned our fish and put away and secured our boat. he pulls in front of the entrance to the parking lot and continues to tie down and finish securing his motors . we watched disbelieving that this person that has so much could be such an a(*)(*986. This boat had to be 40ft plus his truck. Do you really think all that money should allow you to be a real knob. There is a sign at the guard shack that says rig you boat before launching. I am sure its not his first time to the marina. Some people don't think about others , I have seen many idiots at the launch or on it. Some more visible than others , like the guy that posts all kinds of videos yet thinks its ok to park at the stop sign and rig his boat forcing everybody else to drive around him.You can tell the guys that have the respect of others , they pull, into the lot rig there boats then take all of 2 minutes to launch .

i guess i just dont understand. why did it matter to him where you parked?? was you blocking some good parking spots or something?? just what was his problem with where you parked?? our local lake doesnt have near enough parking spots, so after it fills up people just park any place they can get parked. as long as some idiot dont park in a way to use up 2 or 3 parking spots and then i have to park 100 yards down the road, i dont care where you park,LOL.

i have parked in some pretty close quarters a few times. and my trailer would be over the line on the next parking spot. if it was a time when there wasnt much traffic i just never worried about it. if i thought somebody might need that spot i would get out and jerk and pull on the trailer untill it was back over the line.

some people just look for a reason to bitch about what somebody elce does. if it didnt effect him he should have just kept him mouth shut and went on about his business.

sherman

Yeah ruined too many shirts this year cleaning fish , for less than 10.00 bucks get a water proof apron. Plus your dry when you are done!

it never really mattered to me what im wearing when it comes time to clean fish. i always just started grabbing fish and started cleaning. i never even expected to get out of there without some battle scars on my shirt.

when i can i make a trip to fl around feb, we catch alot of black drum and saltwater sheephead. now they are much tougher than eyes. you will burn up your knife or strip the gears just trying to make that first cut behind the head. so what we did was started using a good sawsall to make that first cut. it throws scales and meat and blood everywhere. but it saves our knives. i am careful not to make that cut with anyone close to me, but i dont even worry about what i look like.

sherman

• 2 weeks later...

Uh first come first serve. If that spot's open, I'm taking it. End of story, not open for discussion.

I had a guy make a comment about my daughter holding the boat at the launch and what if anything happened (well, it was her holding it or nothing, and it was tied to the dock and wasn't going any where). She then hopped in the boat, lowered the IO, fired it up, shut off the blower, and backed it off the dock. Kind of shut him up.....