St. Joe Struggling 08-28-12

We were able to go out of St. Joe again on Tuesday, 08-28-2012. Found some fish to look at:

08-29-12_lake_michigan_008.jpg

But could not get them to go, tried lots of stuff. As you can see, the cannon ball lines where the fish came up to look, but would not commit. We ended up with one king on a three hundred copper that hit a Pro King with lots of white and a blue tint and one Coho that was on a mixed veggie type Stinger down a hundred on the downrigger. Fish have been schooling us!

Paul C.

Mattawan, MI

Don't worry you are not alone. I have fished St. Joe two times in the last week and have caught 4 fish combined between the two. No pattern or color could be found. Each one of the four were caught on something different: spoon, meat rig, ff, and cut plug. Man I wish June was back when the fishing was good. Nobody seems to explain what is up. We find cold water and marks just can't get em to go.

Paul:

The fish have been really tight lipped the past couple of weeks, but it looks like there should be some movement up in the water column, the cook plant buoy is showing 54 degree water at 50' down, We caught fish Sunday above 100' 89' rigger, 96' rigger, dipsey set on 1 out 239, and 300 cu with a 3oz dive bomb half way out on the cu. All kings and all full of alewives. See you Sunday and Monday weather perimitting.

Thanks Mike, I'm ready to do the catching again! Chris, I really did enjoy June this year. We did catch lots of fish. The lake was beautiful yesterday though. Love it out there.

Paul C.

Mattawan, MI