Hi Guys,

A friend who runs a tackle company asked me about fishing leagues on Lake Michigan, and I only know of a couple. He's interested in sponsoring the smaller, regular, weeknight and weekend contests, and possibly doing something to crown a Lake Michigan champion. I have heard of a couple in Michigan--there's one in South Haven, no? I'd have fished it this year if I'd have had a boat! If you guys can supply me with any info on who is running a league on our side of the lake and anything else pertinent about the events, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Dave

Dave you have my number and email let me know what you are thinking. Don and I have ran the MSCST for 3 years now last year we tried 7 events over the summer but that is a lot to run this year we went back to 5 events with scoring your best 4 for the port championship. In some ways I would like to run 6 next year with 2 in May 1 in June 1 in July and 2 in August and use your best 4 for the championship. However we have not even really started discussing any of next year. We will be running a charity event in late Sept but still have to iron out the details. What we are thinking is 30 bucks per boat for the charity with a 10 dollar per boat side bet for biggest Steelhead winner take all. The big issue with trying to run a multi port tourney is getting everyone to agree on the rules and deciding on what percentage stays in each port and what goes to the overall championship. Also to keep it workable I think 4 ports would cover most of our side of the lake such as a group out of Ludington ours out of Muskegon the WMFL out of Holland and The South Haven fishing league. Someone would have to start the Ludington group but it would not be too hard to merge the other 3 into one set of rules since we are all pretty close in rules right now. I know thw SHFL used our rules as a template for theirs and Ken has blended some of our rules into theirs. So get us together and agree on one set of rules for all of us and you have a basis for what you suggest.

Hi Guys,

A friend who runs a tackle company asked me about fishing leagues on Lake Michigan, and I only know of a couple. He's interested in sponsoring the smaller, regular, weeknight and weekend contests, and possibly doing something to crown a Lake Michigan champion. I have heard of a couple in Michigan--there's one in South Haven, no? I'd have fished it this year if I'd have had a boat! If you guys can supply me with any info on who is running a league on our side of the lake and anything else pertinent about the events, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Dave

Hi Dave, I run the South Haven Fishing League