Frankfort Area 8/22-8/26

Slow & Low.

Finally was able to get out for some salmon slammin. I was hoping that Wednesday evening was going to be an indication that the days to follow were going to be red hot.

Fished Wednesday evening, 150-200FOW south of Frankfort on a north troll that we ended just into the south end of the herring hole. Yeilded 6 fish out of 16 bites. Hot rig of the day, taking 1/2 of our hits, big white paddle & krw riverside fly. Fish were DEEP. Blue Mirage Meat rig took a few rips too.

Thursday we did a double. Hit 6 in the morning and 3 in the evening. DOWN N' Dirty was still the ticket. Paddles and flies.

Friday we got out and hit 5, same program.

Same thing on Saturday ending with 5 also.

Sunday was close to the same, ended with 7 out of 12 bites. About 11AM we were on a north troll and my wonderbread scarpace rig on the 10 color started singing, got him in, sent it back out and whammo, another one. After we got this one my 250 CU took off with a green on white spinnie and a green fly. Put it back out, and it took another hit immediately.

All weekend of fishing very deep and finally some fish higher in the column.

Here's a few pics. Sorry for a real lack of detail, as I didn't bring my log book with me.......

Here's a few pics.

082412104555.jpg

082312222704.jpg

082312222615.jpg

082312204757.jpg

082312202944.jpg

082312110311.jpg

082212224228.jpg

082612132924.jpg

Good job on the fish Jason. I certainly agree on the deep and slow action. We were up there for three days and left the day before you came up. Stayed south of the harbor in the early mornings to avoid all the boat traffic up on the bank then worked our way up past the point after the traffic died down. Only fish that we got up high in the water was a couple steelhead otherwise the salmon came from 70-90 down on the riggers and the wire divers 175-225 back. Gonna go back up the weekend after the holiday to give it a go again, hopefully the fish will be a little higher and a lot more active.

Gonna go back up the weekend after the holiday to give it a go again, hopefully the fish will be a little higher and a lot more active.

I believe I will be up there that weekend too.

High divers out to 330' took some fish, not good numbers, low diver out to 260' was taking a few hits too.....Riggers really seemed to be our best presentation. Give me a shout on the radio if you do make it up the weekend after the holiday....