Is this the right section for perch reports? It says saginaw bay, but has -walleye noted after. I don't see any general sag. bay forum? I don't see any on here, are they being posted in another area? Thanks, the bay is on fire with them right now, get em while their hot:D

Ralph, You'll get their attention here.:) I'd go after some of those yellow bellies but mom won't let me bring anymore fish home.:lol:

You can always give them away, I have a perch health spa waiting, free "hot oil baths":lol:

Always a great time on the P1:grin: Look forward to getting out there again next year with you also. You had a great season Frank, as always, the bay is a special place, and I'm glad we live so close to it. Take care my friend, maybe I'll look you up for a coffee sometime if I head that way this fall:D

Its been great perchin!!

First trip me and the wife put 100 in 8" to 11" in 4 hours

Resampled95FB95IMG9513449763199694063.jpg

Wife with a double

081412152101.jpg

Then went 2 days later with a buddy and had my slowest day keeping 58

Then the 3rd trip the wife and I kept 84

0822121725a.jpg

Me with a jumbo!

Resampled95FB95IMG951345820616827370801.jpg

Then the last trip the wife and i kept 60 with most over 9" up to 12"

untitled.jpg

So in 4 trips we kept just under 300 perch:thumb: We were any wheres from 18 to 21 fow between Linwood and the Pinconning bar! And to think its only gonna get better towards fall!!!:lol::D

NICELY DONE Scott!

I'd like to get out too. My huge sweet corn fields are coming in faster than I can sell it and the coons can eat it!:lol:

Fresh perch with corn on the cob off the grill.

I've got to get some down to you Frank or Scott if you're in our neighborhood.:thumb:

Made it out today. Fished pretty much all day for about 85 nice Simcoe size perch. The Bay has been amazing this year for sure, first 80's size walleye in numbers to boot, then perch like we haven't seen for years! The action was slower today due to the water being stirred up good from the NE winds yesterday. We fished with a large mass of boats around 1&2 boueys, perch rigs on the bottom. Most fish were in the 8.5 - 10" range with several 11's and 12's. Yummy!

Some of my earliest "Great Lakes" fishing memories were of catching perch out of AuGres back in the early '70s. First trip, Dad and I didn't have an anchor so we stole a limestone bolder of about 12# off the breakwall and rigged is up to some rope we did have. Worked great and caught our limit of yellow bellies!

I know that both perch and walleye fishing improves over on Erie as the water cools into the fall. Does the same thing happen on the Bay? Would love to make a trip up that way and catch both types of good eating fish :D

Some of my earliest "Great Lakes" fishing memories were of catching perch out of AuGres back in the early '70s. First trip, Dad and I didn't have an anchor so we stole a limestone bolder of about 12# off the breakwall and rigged is up to some rope we did have. Worked great and caught our limit of yellow bellies!

I know that both perch and walleye fishing improves over on Erie as the water cools into the fall. Does the same thing happen on the Bay? Would love to make a trip up that way and catch both types of good eating fish :D

I don't remember a limit on them back then. But most didn't abuse the resource either. They caught for the table, and that was enough. I remeber back in early 90's when I moved to Bay City, they made it 100 inland, and still no limit on the bay. Then a few more years it went to 50 and 100, then 50 everywhere that I remember. Then 35 on Lake Mich. Too many changes to remember correctly.

Usually perch fishing on the Bay does get better in the Fall. The only problem is the weather. The Fall weather patterns tend to be more unstable. I knew the Bay would have a excellent year for perch by the number and size of perch we were taking trolling. Perch fishing is slightly different from the past. Since the changes in water clarity and other factors it's more of a finesse game than what it was decades ago. I may try and get out a time or two. I fish real hard between mid May and early August so after a few weeks of resting up it's time for me to hit all the chores I have been neglecting.:grin:

Hey Frank... We need to get together and meet in Tawas maybe for lunch soon. I'll bring down some of my famous sweet corn.

No fish in the freezer. Need to get out after even some gills! Might try the docks at Tawas. I heard there were some perch being caught.

I don't remember a limit on them back then. But most didn't abuse the resource either. They caught for the table, and that was enough. I remeber back in early 90's when I moved to Bay City, they made it 100 inland, and still no limit on the bay. Then a few more years it went to 50 and 100, then 50 everywhere that I remember. Then 35 on Lake Mich. Too many changes to remember correctly.

Pretty sure the Sag Bay daily limit back in the '70s was 100 but that was a long time ago. Being 2 hours away we didn't get to go very often so we caught what we could and had many meals. Still my Mom's favorite fish to eat although walleye is a close second.

Hey Frank... We need to get together and meet in Tawas maybe for lunch soon. I'll bring down some of my famous sweet corn.

No fish in the freezer. Need to get out after even some gills! Might try the docks at Tawas. I heard there were some perch being caught.

Paul, Sounds good. Give me a call.:)