Great fishing at Frankfort!! ~video

Youngfish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxvIKNF19rk&feature=plcp

Well the fishing at Frankfort continues to be awesome. We made it back out yesterday morning and got set up around 6:30 a.m. We had 2 guys in the boat, and we ran 4 boards, and two riggers. We set up over 250 FOW at first. I ran a 2/4 color on one side, then a 4/125 copper on the other side. Riggers were down 45-50ft. but free sliders were read hot. The bigger Kings did come down in that 40-50ft. range. I set up with mostly a half glow/UV spread of Michigan Stinger at first and it was really good. I managed to get all 6 rods in the water and waited 10 mintues before the first hit. I was starting to wonder what was going on, and then started to head out deeper and once we hit that 300ft. it went nuts. We had 5 on at once. We got into some great Coho action, but also found a nice pod of Kings, and a couple steelhead. The Coho were everywhere on the surface. I was putting a rigger down and the spoon was 6inches under the water when I was going to clip it in the release and a coho grabbed it off the surface. I wish I would have had my fly rod out there with me. I couldn't believe it. We caught a 10lb Steelhead, and a couple coho off of j-plugs. After we landed those 5 we were out in 600 FOW and that is where we found our best action. It proceeded to be absolute chaos for the next couple hours we fished. We ended up getting our limit, and had around 30 bites. Good luck to everyone out! Great fishing to be had right now! Nothing fights like a big King up high in cold water temps!!

Edited by Nailer