Good stuff without all the coin!

Dv8oR

A fishing buddy of mine picked up a very nice expensive fish finder. (actually retailed for about 2400 and he got it for 1200 or so)

I'd like some new electonics for my boat but really don't want to spend the coin that some guys can spend.:D

So..... Recommendations on some better then the Humminbird stuff I have without huge costs! Please no 1,000 dollar recommendations.

Would like the biggest bang for the buck!!!

Thanks

T

A fishing buddy of mine picked up a very nice expensive fish finder. (actually retailed for about 2400 and he got it for 1200 or so)

I'd like some new electonics for my boat but really don't want to spend the coin that some guys can spend.:D

So..... Recommendations on some better then the Humminbird stuff I have without huge costs! Please no 1,000 dollar recommendations.

Would like the biggest bang for the buck!!!

Thanks

T

I know....no $1,000 units. But......

I have been pondering taking the plunge on this deal, for a Lowrance LCX-111C

Is this what your buddy got? Do you know where he got it from?

I found that deal on the net and purchased it from there. I was skeptical at first, so I called Boaters World on 28th Street in Grand Rapids and asked if the website was them. Yes, Boaters World on 28th Street is the same as the website.

Something I found out. Lowrance has discontinued the LCX-111C and the LCX-110. They are coming out with the LCX-113C and LCX-112 to replace these models. This is why the price is so low on this model.

• 1 year later...

Something I found out. Lowrance has discontinued the LCX-111C and the LCX-110. They are coming out with the LCX-113C and LCX-112 to replace these models. This is why the price is so low on this model

If someone was to buy one of these units, and something would happen to it beyond repair would Lowrance give you something of equal value ??

I would be hesitant to buy something that is discontinued...IMHO...

Prices from link above.

Lowrance LCX-113C 50/200 kHz Sonar/GPS+WAAS Chartplotter Combo

Our Price: $2,349.99

Lowrance LCX-112C 50/200 kHz Sonar/GPS+WAAS Chartplotter Combo

Our Price: $2,149.99

Furuno FCV 620 Plus Digital Fishfinder

Includes Thru-Hull Transducer

Mfr # 620PLUS525STMSD

Our Price: $899.99

Furuno FCV 620 Plus Digital Fishfinder

Includes Transom Mount Transducer

Mfr # 620PLUS525STPWD

Our Price: $799.99

Something I found out. Lowrance has discontinued the LCX-111C and the LCX-110. They are coming out with the LCX-113C and LCX-112 to replace these models. This is why the price is so low on this model

If someone was to buy one of these units, and something would happen to it beyond repair would Lowrance give you something of equal value ??

I would be hesitant to buy something that is discontinued...IMHO...

I actually bought a Garmin unit last year(2007) that was due for discontinuation for this model year(2008). I had the same concern, so I called the Garmin service department(which was great) and asked them about it. They said the unit would be fully servicable with no issue. In the unlikely event the unit needed replacement, I'd likely recieve a factory reburbishment unless there was still residual stock left in inventory. The refurbishment would carry the same warranty as the new unit. The Garmin service website would also continue to carry updates and map downloads.

I suspect Lowrance opporates in a similiar fashion, so maybe it's worth the phone call if you're trying to save a little coin. :D

I have been weighing the differences between the Lowrance 527 DF($699) and the Lowrance LCX-27 (1049). Any opinions? What benefit is there is spending more than the cost of the LCX-27? I am in a similar boat, so to speak, as Tim.

The orignal post is over a year old. I ran this unit all last season, and suspect I will be running it for many more. Something about saving $1,000.....That would almost pay for my slip for the season :D