kitchen

fish north of the mudline

Went out of sebewaing this morning at 9 and got back to shore at 530 this evening then headed to cheeseburger in caseville. Well the bay is extremly muddy to the south and as far north as 3 miles past buoys 1 and 2. We found clear water about 11 this morning about 3 to 4 miles north of buoys 1 and 2 in 28 to 32 fow. Once we started fishing the clearer water we started catching nice eyes, speed and colors were a must. We put 25 fish in the box but it was not that easy, ran 3 boards off both sides and 2 lines off each downrigger, plus 2 long lines, the fish wanted 1.1 to 1.5 dragging the bottom to 10 foot off the bottom. Good colors were blueberry muffin, pinks with white, siberian tiger, pink panties and firetiger, ran 1.5 oz bouncers 70 to 100 off the boards. Theres still alot of fish out there just gotta find em and stay out of the muddy water, the water temp was 69.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• West side north and south

Last 3 weeks oct 4, 11, and 18th. fished manistee river once and st joe twice.  Not much to get excited about. Hooked 2 Salmon on the manistee back at the beginning of the month, and lost both. Then completely skunked not even a bite on the joe oct 11.  Finally yesterday got one nice fresh hen steelhead on the joe. Probably a lot of others doing much better than me. But thats how it goes for me.     

in Lake Michigan Pier and River Reports

• Hurley marine fish controll

I have 2 brand new never used Hurley marine fish controll speed controllers.  Each unit comes with everything needed to use including instructions.   Same thing as trollmaster or icon.   Nice feature for these two units is they come with the fish hawk feature which allows you to control your boat speed to fish hawk speed.   Each unit new goes for around 800.00.   selling each unit for 500.00    any questions you can reach me at 906-399-9525

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Fish Hawk Digitroll Package

Fish Hawk 840 and X 4, two digitroll probes, transducer, power cable and temporary mount (X4). All functional and sold as a package only. Not downrigging in Grand Traverse Bay anymore. 400.00 + shipping if needed. Pick up in Omena, MI (49674) if local. Bob 586-899-9360

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• NEED A LAKE MICHIGAN FISH TO DISPLAY DURING EVENT ON 8/29

Hi, everyone. I'm doing a media event at Burnham Harbor on 8/29 and need a live fish indigenous to Lake Michigan to display in a tank.  Any ideas? Do you need a permit for something like that? Please let me know as I'm open to all ideas. Thank you in advance!

in General Discussion

• Does your boat fish 'good' or 'bad'?

Hi all. I own Lurecharge products where I create natural voltage on fishing lures. Throughout my learning curve I have discovered that some metals, depending on their makeup, will actually repel fish. My first clue was about 5 yrs ago when I sent some of my anodes to a friend in Ontario for ice fishing perch. Instead of attaching the anode to his lure metals and creating a galvanic cell, he attached the anode up the line 2 ft like a split shot weight (same size). There was a group if 6 in a circ

in General Discussion