Tyee at the Oak .. Tangle Factor

Tyee at the Oak.

Monday and Tuesday fishing was OK, catching 7 on Monday and 9 on Tuesday, but nothing worth bragging about. And we know that is why we are here!! On Wednesday we formulated a plan to look for the big boys. We started in close about 100 fow to the west of the port. We picked up a nice brown but the action was slow. We gradually worked our way out deeper and to the east. When we hit 180 we started to pick up some mature Kings. From 180 to 250 north and south we managed 7 kings and 1 steelhead and the one brown from earlier.

Our kings weighed 11.5, 11.5, 21.5, 22, 24.8, 26, 30.2. We had a blast. Here are some of the pictures.

2012-08-08_14-26-10_922.jpg

2012-08-08_14-28-17_507.jpg

2012-08-08_12-16-06_978.jpg

Thursday we were looking for the big fish again. The wind and weather changed things up for us today. We learned the big fish like the flasher flies and meat rigs. That is what we ran today. We kept 3 fish today and released at least as many.

2012-08-09_15-28-15_336.jpg

2012-08-09_17-43-09_926.jpg

2012-08-09_17-44-33_154.jpg

This is what worked.

The 30lb salmon was caught on Death wish Spin-doctor with a pink/purple fly. (not sure of the name) This came on the wire dipsy set on 1 330 back.

Others came on our stand by Big Al Flasher and a Red Captain John King meat rig on the starboard rigger.

Mountain Dew hoochie with a mountain dew meat rig on the braid diver set at 3 back 200.

All glow hoochie with a nuclear pink fly.

Gold meat rig behind a Big Al Flasher.

NBK spin doctor and a green mist fly.

Other than that we are having a blast and have one more day to fish. We are about to have a salmon dinner.

Tight Lines

This whole trip is a roit. This is a very nice fishery, in a peaceful place. We enjoy it. We enjoy lake Michigan too. I have always thought of Salmon fishing as a team sport. Pat (tanglefactor2) landed the 30lb king. Brady (tanglefactor3) was the wheel man. I was the net man. For me fishing is more about who you do it with, and not so much about what you catch or where you are at. I am blessed to have such good friends that also love to fish.

Tight Lines.