Dypse diver?

Hey guys im starting to expand my collection of poles for salmon, and I would like to run 4 dypse out of my boat. What would you recommend that I buy? Poles? Line? Reels? I would like to try wire's I think but don't know what I need?? Is running 4 wire divers possible?? Any information would be great!! Thanks guys

Running 4 wire is not a problem. As for setups it really depends on what your willing to spend on reels and rods and how much you are going to use them. For reels I have been using convectors and they have been working well for us but I would not go with a cheaper model. Wire reels take a lot of abuse and buying a better reel will be money well spent. For rods it depends on if you prefer rollers or guides, each has it's advantages and disadvantages. For wire there are lots of options but I have been using the 30# opti wire because it has a smaller diameter.

Well I guess if im going to buy something I might as well buy the right ones! So use all convector 55? How many ft of wire is sufficient? And what lengths of poles should I order? I haven't had to much luck with dypse divers so I thinking its the equipment I've been useing for them, I am determined to catch fish on a dypse yet this year, so any info willing help

Rods, we run rollers, but you can also run twillie (sp?) tips. I like running 10' roller rods (okuma blue diamond are the ones I use, but there are others out there too) on the outside and then you can run a 8'6 or smaller on the low/inside diver. Run your outside diver on 3 or at least 2.5 and run your inside/deep diver on 1.5 or less. You may also want to run a mag diver on the inside and a standard diver on the outside just to get more separation.

Recently there was a thread that guys were talking about divers and running three a side. Try it if you like, but I would not turn - ever.

I like the cl30l reels, with 8' okuma dipsy rods and twill tips for my low divers, and the same reels on a 9'6" dipsy rod with twill tip for my hi divers. I have been using these for 3 seasons with 1000' of 30# opti wire for the same reason Kyle gave, smaller diameter. I tried the roller rods and did not like them when the wire jumped a roller, because someone didnt keep the wire tite when stowing rods.

Convector 30's with line counters will work awesome for you. I am still a fan of the old green Swan roller rods. 9 foot for the outside (high diver) and 8'6" or 8 foot for the inside (low diver). Any wire will work, but the thinner diameter the easier for everything.

Hey guys,

I started out running wire with roller guides and i found them to be a pain and always want to get caught in the very tip of the rod which created alot of slack in turn losing the fish. And trust me i lost ALOT of fish with that problem. So i got rid of the roller guides and went out and bought 2 daiwa heartland dipsey rods which i believe are 9 foot. And i use daiwa GL47lc linecounter reels which the combo is fairly inexpensive yet very dependable. i found both to be a phenomenal combo! And yes twilly tips are a must if you dont have roller guides. Hope i could help!

Lee "runaway"

My favorite bait shop set me up with Shimano TDR dipsy rods with twilli's spooled with 1000' 30lb Mason wire on Convector 45D counters. He also put just enough dacron backing to make sure reel was filled to capacity. I can't tell you how pleased I am with these rigs. They are in the water every trip and have counted for numerous fish in the box. The Tdr's handle the dipsys and the fish quite well and the 45's are plenty fast enough to reel in a slack line and still good power stroke when bringing in the fish on them. I have the wire in both stainless and the brown color but it doesn't seem to make a difference color wise for the fish. And the real beauty was still under $175/set up.

i dont have a clue about running wire. but i do run alot of divers with braid. running 2 rods per side should be a breeze. just make sure to get line counter reels, and set your front outside diver on a 2.5 to 3.5 setting then put it out atleast 30 ft farther than your inside rod. then set your back inside diver on 1 or 1.5 then let it out atleast 30 ft less than your front rod. this just keeps them apart so your not tangled all the time.

i to like the convectors but i also like the daiwa sealine sg47lca reels. if they are big enough for wire.

sherman

I know you are leaning towards wire divers but don't forget about power pro or fireline. As for reels can't go wrong with ANY of the Disease sealine series line counters. I have over 12 years on most of mine with ZERO problems. On rods diawa, okuma, eagle claw, and cabelas all have good rods.