marine survey???

Craig, I used a charter captain out of Grand Haven who was also a surveyor. He came highly recommended but for the life of me I can't remember his name. I was very happy with his work. I'll try to figure it out.

Capt Mark Veurink (616) 638-3331.

Yup, that's the guy. It's been a good year for me, I have been limited in the number of times I've been out but have done pretty good this year. I really can't complain. Too bad summer is ending fast.

I've heard of Mark but don't know him, and if you want a second choice, the guy to see is John Watson, formerly a DNR inspection officer, he is very thorough, and makes a great surveyor, he works hard for the pay too, I mean very hard too. What's the rate for this boat from Mark? I think Watson was about $300, last I knew.

• 8 months later...
The guy to see is John Watson, formerly a DNR inspection officer, he is very thorough, and makes a great surveyor, he works hard for the pay too, I mean very hard too. What's the rate for this boat from Mark? I think Watson was about $300, last I knew.

Ed,

I am looking to have a boat surveyed in Ludington and called John Watson. His voicemail said he is out of commission (temporarily) due to a hip surgery. Would you know of another surveyor in the area? If not would you know someone with experience that could tag along, while I am looking at the boat?

So far since I am unable to find a surveyor in the area, I have been doing a lot of reading online and found this interesting article. http://www.pcmarinesurveys.com/Marine%20Survey%20101.htm