Well, our planned trip to Ludington didn't go as I hoped. We went up sunday afternoon knowing that it had blown hard overnight. Water was still a little rough as we headed out in the evening. Having a rookie to the big lake onboard plus my buddy Kerby who doesn't get around so good we didn't get out deep enough to where we wanted to be to find fish. Did a slow troll back in to the pier heads from 80' and never marked a fish or got a bump. Monday morning we got up and headed down to the 51's in order to set up south of the nets. Marty (ratchet) had done well down there saturday morning and we were hoping the fish were still around. Sorry to say we couldn't find them. We did find a net in the 51's though that we managed to avoid. We trolled almost down to Pentwater picking up a fish here and there, different depths of water, directions, and depth down. Not really marking much. Took 2 fish on the green SD/fly set up from the DW last week early in 100' on a south troll and 130' on a west troll 125' back. Took a fish on an east troll on an SWR 70' down with a Princess Frog in 130'. Double fish scale white paddle with a green Sigg's glow fly took 2 back 200'. One on a west troll in 130' and the other on a northwest troll in 140'. Full core took a fish but can't remember what was on it. Also in 140'. Any way, we ended up 6/8 with 4 kings and 2 coho. Nothing big. I was disappointed in how we did but the guys with me who had never fished or don't fish much enjoyed it. I might have 1 more trip left but then I will be done for the year, I have to much going on the rest of the summer. Good luck to everyone.

I'm sure your crew was happy, we sometimes set the bar high for ourselves and expect some big numbers but 6 in the box is a nice box. We didn't light up the rods in that area either this weekend.

Nick you fished the right area but the wrong depth, I fished the same area all week and limited out almost everyday. Fish were in 85ft early and out to 100 later from the 50 to 48s, the fish also had a thing for blue colored spoons and spin doctors all week, you may of seen me I was in a 31 tiara with a dark blue top, most boats kept on going by and i never really had people around all week.

You know, we tried in closer at one point but never took anything in there so we headed back out deeper. Oh well, we tried our best. I wish we could have fished sunday night so I would have had a chance to get things figured out.