Salmon Strikes! - Downrigger Footage

Hi everyone,

The following is a sample of downrigger footage we have taken during this salmon season on Lake Ontario. Most of the footage was shot down 80 to 110 feet which challenges the smaller sensor camera but we're happy with some of the results.

Hope you enjoy!

Alan

TatKKww9oDo

nice video but reminds me why I don't like Spin Doctors in several sections you can see the Spin Doctor moving wildly while the fly behind it hardly moves.

Thats a good point, MAINIAC. When we say this we shortened the lead from the SD to the fly to about 14-16 inches. Much more motion and much more productive.

Thats a good point, MAINIAC. When we say this we shortened the lead from the SD to the fly to about 14-16 inches. Much more motion and much more productive.

When I ran them a lot I ran very heavy fly leaders and short all less than 18in I also found they spin out much past 2.5mph. SInce I switched to paddles mostly Pro Troll but some others as well I am back to longer leads and faster speeds. But for me it is and always will be a mostly spoon bite because of the action as you can see in the section where you had a spoon down it was darting back and forth while the Spin Doctor looked like a sheephead on the hook LOL.

Very nice videos! Do you have any pictures of how you attach the GoPro to the ball? How far back is the rig, 10-15ft? That sure is pretty cool.

Thanks SPOONWASHER. We're off to Algonquin to do some wilderness fishing for a few days but when we get back I'll put a video together showing the setups we tried. The baits were run about 3 feet behind the cameras at 100 feet down. Any further back and they disappeared into the green ..