Thanks to Big Jon

Somtimes it pays to buy US made & serviced. I bought a B J Gadabout & had to replace the reel 3 times! So I decided to e-mail B J telling them they had a problem with the reels breaking at the handle bolt. A week later I received a call from them telling me their supplier was using substandard material in the Lexan. To my surprise they sent me a new reel. They are also sending me the new upgraded version when it becomes available. All at NO COST to me. I did not ask for, or expect anything from my letter to them but it was very appreciated. Thanks Big Jon Sports!!! Rudey

I don't use BJ products, my brother always has though, as well as many others I know and talked to, and I must say, bravo to Big Jon for their undying loyalty and appreciation of us great lakes fishermen. They have always stood behind all their products, and been very generous of all situations that arise, for as far back 30 years that I have salmon fished here. Keep up the good work BJ. Anyone got a pic. of that reel, I haven't seen this one yet. Thanks.

Somtimes it pays to buy US made & serviced. I bought a B J Gadabout & had to replace the reel 3 times! So I decided to e-mail B J telling them they had a problem with the reels breaking at the handle bolt. A week later I received a call from them telling me their supplier was using substandard material in the Lexan. To my surprise they sent me a new reel. They are also sending me the new upgraded version when it becomes available. All at NO COST to me. I did not ask for, or expect anything from my letter to them but it was very appreciated. Thanks Big Jon Sports!!! Rudey

in my opinion the main thing you did right is contact them directly with your concern..you didnt jump on every website on the net and blast them for a crap product waiting for them to come to you and it paid off..congrats to you and big jon:thumb::thumb:

in my opinion the main thing you did right is contact them directly with your concern..you didnt jump on every website on the net and blast them for a crap product waiting for them to come to you and it paid off..congrats to you and big jon:thumb::thumb:

I hate to admit it but Don is exactly right.:) Customer service has to start with a reasonable customer. You can have a problem with anything or anybody. Giving them a chance to rectify a problem is the thing to do and it will pay off most of the time. Going off half cocked will get you no where.

i have to give kudo,s to big jon. and just have to mention tony at lord of the riggers. he sold me all my big jon stuff at the best price i could find. and i had one of the connecting nuts for my boom missing from one of my riggers, i called bj and they didnt even question it, they just sent me a new one.

and you did the right thing to contact them. you come out ahead and they have another satisfied customer.

sherman