Port Sheldon Fishing Trip

Hello fellow fisherman.

I am new to this salmon fishing and am looking for some advice. I am planning to head out of Port Sheldon tomorrow night. I was out on Sunday afternoon but had no success. We tried 90' out to 150' and only had one hit on a rigger but no fish. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey jake welcome to GLF, we fish outta PS all the time, we were also out Sunday and had a 2 man limit by 9:30am, we were fishing 160-180 FOW 50-75 down on the riggers with blue dolphin dream weaver spoon, but what took in most of our fish was 250-300-350 and 400 coppers!!! Blue and green spoons were on fire that day, moonshine lures in the early morning work well to.. good luck

120-140 FOW. 300 Coppers are HOT! SWR with a RV Flounder plounder is hot also. The hot rigs are Hey baby spoon, RV flounder pounder, mtn dew flasher and a big weenie fly, blue UV paddle and a blue fly. All of those have taken alot of fish for us. Set the dipseys 120-180 back. Riggers 50-90 down.

We fished yesterday evening. 175fow was the best out of Holland, but the bite has slowed significantly. Fish are deep (120+). Downriggers down deep and dipseys stretched back were working - high lines were pretty dead but did take a bump on 300 and a steelhead on full core.

We fished yesterday evening. 175fow was the best out of Holland' date=' but the bite has slowed significantly. Fish are deep (120+). Downriggers down deep and dipseys stretched back were working - high lines were pretty dead but did take a bump on 300 and a steelhead on full core.[/quote']

If you're going out tomorrow evening, you may want to start deep and work your way in. The blow has brought the cold water closer in.

Thank you for all the help guys.

We ended up 4/4 last night. All kings, two 13lbs, one 11lbs and one 9lbs. We started in 160' and worked out to 180' and eventually worked our way back in to 140'. The first fish hit a dipsy with a blue dolphin spoon while I was setting the second dipsy back. The next two fish came on a rigger 145' down in 160 fow on a dream weaver 11" UV blue paddle with a blue bubble fly. The last fish was on a rigger 90' down in 140 fow on a dream weaver Mt. Dew spin doctor and a pickled sunshine fly.

Thanks again for the help. As you probably noticed all the fish came on baits that you suggested. I know that four fish isin't a lot compared to what some of you are catching, but it was plenty of fun for me.

Jake